Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 08:59 AM

8,942 posts, read 20,367,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchChile View Post
What would they think about it? South isn't monolith. I live in the South right now and it's more diverse than any part of Colorado. I used to be the only non-white person in my job in both Boulder AND Denver. Now I walk into the room and do not feel like a token... I work with Black women who have PhD, MD after their names, and actually hold power as either chiefs of medicine or the dean of school.

Instead of analyzing themselves, people like to put down a region (South) or people (poor people, "white trash") -- so that they feel better about themselves. Don't compare yourself to some other "lesser" place, do your best to be an anti-racist, pro-diversity person. Just feeling good about yourself because "South" is worse isn't going to make anyone any better.
Well, we did choose to move to Loveland, in part, due to the lack of diversity. When we lived in Jacksonville, Florida, the word "diversity" was really, really there.

And, on top of that, we have talked to Seniors here, that when we told them that we lived in northeastern Florida for 10 1/2 years, there only reply to us was "why?". Apparently, among Seniors here, Florida isn't the most liked State in the U.S.. That is what we gathered.

Heck, there were many, many people in Jacksonville, Florida that don't even know where Colorado is!! When we told them we were moving back there, they'd say "where is Colorado?"

Old 07-02-2020, 12:06 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The term 'Christian conservative' tells me they would be better suited to a place where no change occurs, so they are not forced to see people who are different from them.
Oh, I see, so "LUMPING?" OP for a term they may have used and implied totally differently?

Many 'Christian conservatives' live and work in foreign lands (as minorities) by choice and love it. Been that way for 2000+ yrs.

Everyday I find all kinds of different types of Christians and around Loveland, many are minorities. There is room for 'all-comers' (in most places within the western US states).

I didn't see OP rejecting change / differences in people, only requesting info on a category that may describe their desires (or risks). We don't know. OP was not specific in the details of what they meant. Maybe they are from MN and are Lutheran!

Old 07-02-2020, 12:47 PM

Actually, don't know if the OP would like it here or not. It probably wouldn't be enough to simply read replies here. People really can't even visit a place and make a "move there or not" conclusion. There are those that "think" they can handle a Colorado winter and then find out they can't. We didn't know them, but when we lived in Parker, there was a couple that moved from Palm Springs, CA to Parker, bought a house and before their first winter was over, they decided to move back to Palm Springs. Sold their house and headed back.

There are those that would rather live in Denver metro than anywhere else along the Front Range, due to job wages and all of the entertainment that Denver offers.

After living in NC for a year and northeastern FL. for 10 1/2 years, we decided to move back to Colorado. Like the OP, we love RMNP and Yellowstone. We are also Christians and will be attending one Cowboy Churches in the area.

Actually, we'd rather live in Larimer County than in Strasburg! Was going to buy a house there, at one time.

Old 07-02-2020, 05:49 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,666,240 times
All this discussion going on about what the OP meant in their original post, or what kind of conservative Christian he/she may be. Maybe it is time for him/her to come back and tell us how far off the mark we are. Or has this discussion been helpful?

Old 07-02-2020, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
All this discussion going on about what the OP meant in their original post, or what kind of conservative Christian he/she may be. Maybe it is time for him/her to come back and tell us how far off the mark we are. Or has this discussion been helpful?
Absolutely right!

Old 07-07-2020, 05:45 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Oh, I see, so "LUMPING?" OP for a term they may have used and implied totally differently?

Many 'Christian conservatives' live and work in foreign lands (as minorities) by choice and love it. Been that way for 2000+ yrs.

Everyday I find all kinds of different types of Christians and around Loveland, many are minorities. There is room for 'all-comers' (in most places within the western US states).

I didn't see OP rejecting change / differences in people, only requesting info on a category that may describe their desires (or risks). We don't know. OP was not specific in the details of what they meant. Maybe they are from MN and are Lutheran!
Yes, lumping!

Old 07-07-2020, 09:34 AM

I think we all want to hear from the OP again, concerning the replies the OP has got so far.

Old 07-07-2020, 09:47 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
I think we all want to hear from the OP again, concerning the replies the OP has got so far.

608 'views'
C-D is a public forum

Even if OP never returns, there may be thousands of others interested in reading the thread.

IMHO.

Thus be careful what you title your thread, realize there are others on the internet besides you
The value of / to each is ????

Old 07-07-2020, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
608 'views'
C-D is a public forum

Even if OP never returns, there may be thousands of others interested in reading the thread.

IMHO.

Thus be careful what you title your thread, realize there are others on the internet besides you
The value of / to each is ????
Very, very true. Without a doubt, any thread can, and will, get different replies/opinions.

Old 07-07-2020, 09:54 AM

18,717 posts, read 33,380,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
I would like to know what a "conservative Christian" means to OP. There are ongoing discussions and yeah, some nasty arguing, in my town regarding conservatism and assumptions and stuff. As a centrist, I truly dislike being lumped into some "lefty" narrative by "conservative" people, etc. etc. Have much been wanting to hear from different viewpoints if people can explain themselves beyond slogans or bumperstickers (or name calling).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area