U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 07-07-2020, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Northern Colorado
7,517 posts, read 17,661,963 times
Reputation: 4738

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I would like to know what a "conservative Christian" means to OP. There are ongoing discussions and yeah, some nasty arguing, in my town regarding conservatism and assumptions and stuff. As a centrist, I truly dislike being lumped into some "lefty" narrative by "conservative" people, etc. etc. Have much been wanting to hear from different viewpoints if people can explain themselves beyond slogans or bumperstickers (or name calling).
My thinking is, most-to-all people get "lumped" into some type of thing. A group, like Senior Citizens do, of which my wife and I are. Driving habits, Christian beliefs, what we eat/don't eat (for health) and other different things. I would have to say that we are "conservative Christians" and pretty proud to be that way. We don't believe in huge/mega churches, only the small "down-to-earth" type.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 07-07-2020, 11:26 AM
 
4,297 posts, read 1,111,295 times
Reputation: 5789
I believe Colorado Springs is more Conservative and Christian.


I go to Loveland often and tend to see the more liberal types there.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-07-2020, 12:09 PM
 
Location: Northern Colorado
7,517 posts, read 17,661,963 times
Reputation: 4738
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
I believe Colorado Springs is more Conservative and Christian.


I go to Loveland often and tend to see the more liberal types there.
I've been to The Springs before and I'd have to agree with you about Loveland.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-07-2020, 12:55 PM
 
Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
27,103 posts, read 45,190,977 times
Reputation: 31311
Both places are similar.

lived in each

I find COS to have quite a few 'Acting' Christians (as in Hollywood) / socially peer dependent / mega churches. But you have all kinds from the 'chest beaters' to Navigator and GEM WW headqtrs.

Loveland has a good number of 'practicing' Christians (as in servant lifestyle) / daily life in & for Christ. Many very effective churches, groups, and individuals (purposefully serving the community without flare)

Plenty of +/- in each location (left and right, Blue and Red, Conservative and Liberal...)

Estes Park is even more interesting as a social / Christian / non- / anti - Christian 'integrated' community.

Plenty of opportunities for all, to fit, or have a fit because of others not fitting their ideal.

Smaller community of Loveland and EP you can effectively make a difference in the community. And establish strong serving relationships. (FIL contributed many yrs developing Habitat ministry, and as usual, it shows (less contention / inner power struggle).)

COS you can 'blend in' / be 'invisible' no matter what you believe and how you act toward others.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-07-2020, 01:33 PM
 
Location: Northern Colorado
7,517 posts, read 17,661,963 times
Reputation: 4738
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Both places are similar.

lived in each

I find COS to have quite a few 'Acting' Christians (as in Hollywood) / socially peer dependent / mega churches. But you have all kinds from the 'chest beaters' to Navigator and GEM WW headqtrs.

Loveland has a good number of 'practicing' Christians (as in servant lifestyle) / daily life in & for Christ. Many very effective churches, groups, and individuals (purposefully serving the community without flare)

Plenty of +/- in each location (left and right, Blue and Red, Conservative and Liberal...)

Estes Park is even more interesting as a social / Christian / non- / anti - Christian 'integrated' community.

Plenty of opportunities for all, to fit, or have a fit because of others not fitting their ideal.

Smaller community of Loveland and EP you can effectively make a difference in the community. And establish strong serving relationships. (FIL contributed many yrs developing Habitat ministry, and as usual, it shows (less contention / inner power struggle).)

COS you can 'blend in' / be 'invisible' no matter what you believe and how you act toward others.
Well, after thinking about my last post some, I remember we went to a Methodist church, at Grant/4th, for a Christmas Eve Service and it was wonderful. We have also attended a Service at a local Cowboy Church and, when this virus thing dies down more, will attend another Cowboy Church in the Johnstown area. Both of the churches we did attend were definitely "conservative", when I think about it.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-09-2020, 01:40 PM
 
15,823 posts, read 28,163,437 times
Reputation: 27216
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
.... Both of the churches we did attend were definitely "conservative", when I think about it.
Can you tell this ignorant atheist what that means? The nature of the service? Political support, even though churches shouldn't be political? Stances on certain social issues? I really don't know what people mean by that. Thank you.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-09-2020, 03:04 PM
 
Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
27,103 posts, read 45,190,977 times
Reputation: 31311
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Can you tell this ignorant atheist what that means? The nature of the service? Political support, even though churches shouldn't be political? Stances on certain social issues? I really don't know what people mean by that. Thank you.
typically 'conservative christian' would mean a Christ's teaching centric objective and focus of church body (people) and the service (presentation)

Not Bible thumpers / closed minds / political agendas (of which the JC who walked and served the Earth did not have).


Very simple... servant heart, mind, attitude, actions. Accessible to all comers. (very clearly illustrated in the chronicled gospel (Christ's life while on Earth)).
Nothing flamboyant or demanding. (free choice)

Each of the (4) Gospels is themed for it's readership.
For some,
Luke the physician clearly speaks / illustrates the purpose and content of Jesus caring for others
Mark (Action / brief and to the point);
John, more details / relationship based;
Matthew = genealogy / historical (Written to the Jews)

Many (if not most) who are 'conservative christian' worldwide have NO political alignment / loyalties or social agenda. They are just living a life dedicated to serving others through the example of a living Christ (i.e. as illustrated in gospel record). Christians who have dedicated their life to a servant relationships and completeness in Christ, are indwelt by the Holy Spirit (and thus indwelt by Christ's spirit) as a tool for serving others (through internal and eternal inner strength) as they journey through this very temporary stay on Earth.

Thus the thread... has said NOTHING about political or social agendas, tho has been implied by "Lumping" a perceived and probably incorrect interpretation of the thread title. Loveland for conservative Christian retirees?

Resounding YES, there is room for all in Loveland and much of Colorado / the world.
Barriers will appear, but generally Colorado (Loveland and COS, as per OP's search) will present plenty of opportunities and support for true servant participation as a 'conservative christian'
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-09-2020, 09:35 AM
 
4 posts, read 2,086 times
Reputation: 34
Firstly, I would suggest that the number of people on these forums that post negatively about Christians is every bit as high, or higher, than Christians posting negatively about non-Christians.

Secondly, I am not sure what constitutes a conservative Christian vs any other Christian. Other than, perhaps, the Christian happens to be politically conservative or liberal. A Christian is a Christian. Politics doesn't play a role, as previously said Christ is not political. The Bible does not support abortion. Nor does it support anything other than male/female in terms of gender/sex or marriage. Following that teaching of the Bible does not make a person a bigot or intollerant or a "hater". That is, as long as the Christian treats people with love and respect. One can love a person of a certain lifestyle, without agreeing with said lifestyle. The two are not tied together.

Thirdly, Talk of Californication, or too much progress, has nothing to do with diversity. It mostly refers to running up housing costs that price out those who have lived in an area for decades. It also has to do with many escaping certain areas to live in a "better" area, but bring with them many of the political agendas that led to the area they left being less desireable.

Lastly, I lean more cobservative, but find Loveland/Fort Collins to be very desireable. I believe the OP would too. Unless they are intollerant, which is not Christian, conservative or otherwise.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top