U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 08:27 PM

21 posts, read 146,281 times

Advertisements

Have you people who comment here ever live anywhere else? It seems they are referring to Alice in Wonderland. Where can you live that there is not crime? All in all Greeley is safe. If you don't think so try a long visit to Philadelphia, PA, Baltimore, MD or Newark NJ. You'll find significant crime there and you won't feel safe in many areas. Does Greeley have crime? Yes.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 02:12 PM

27 posts, read 51,025 times
I always go to Greeley to do my crime.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:22 PM

4 posts, read 10,251 times
I'm a UNC grad and after graduating I decided to stay. Glad I did. I checked out current crime stats the other day and they show a steady decrease for 3 years running. My wife and I enjoy going downtown with friends for drinks, dinner, easily 2 Saturday nights most months. Have been doing that for several years and never felt threatened or even saw any hint of crime. The fact that crime keeps decreasing only makes us feel better about the whole city. The new theatre downtown is great and complements the 1700 seat civic center and the indoor ice arena where UNC's awesome hockey team plays.

Being from a much bigger city originally I appreciate the lack of traffic congestion here, the friendly people, the live music downtown, the great public facilities on campus and for families, good access to the mountains, Denver, etc.

There are a lot of us around here who like Greeley and haven't experienced the things mentioned in the posts. Because Greeley is a smaller city (95,000 people), the media tends to report the negatives in their headlines and that creates bad perceptions that are a tiny part of the whole picture.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:59 PM

59 posts, read 178,368 times
What do you want to study at UNC? I wonder what the actual stats are, but I think most people go to UNC and then transfer to CSU (Fort Collins) or CU (Boulder). The violent crime is higher in Greeley than in Fort Collins or Boulder and always has been. I suppose if you stayed on campus or right around the campus you would be fine, but I'm not sure. UNC has a great Nursing and Teaching program and it's sad that the community is struggling. Colorado is a great place to live!

Old 04-30-2009, 08:59 PM

32 posts, read 112,393 times
I lived in Greeley for 25 years and in that time, I saw the town go downhill. A lot. I suppose some parts of town are still OK, but where I lived, we had a lot vandalism, gangs, drugs, loud music, etc...
I moved to Loveland six years ago. Much better!
Just my opinion, YMMV

Craig

Old 10-23-2009, 01:36 PM

1 posts, read 3,306 times
Greeley is a great place to go to school and live. Aside from it's a growing town and lots of diffierent cultures are FINALLY moving in. It used to be all white. Now it has some culture. You look at any other city/town there is crime. Greeley is no different. The GPD is dedicated to this town also. Call the cops for any reason and they will show up. Most towns/cities you call the cops and they tell you to report your crime online. Greeley finally got online service which has been in place for over a year now, however, call the police they will come to your incident. I lived in SF for 15 years and LA for 10 years! Greeley is a breath of fresh air. There are lots of city activities, music and jazz fest, art fairs, Greeley is the small town everyone wish they could live in. And finally, it has culture!!! Walk, Bike ride it's all user friendly! Come to Greeley, America's little secret!!!! Not a perfect town, but show me a perfect town OMG!

Old 10-23-2009, 03:39 PM

3,605 posts, read 5,339,296 times
I like Fort Collins and CSU better myself, but that's just me.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:49 PM

87 posts, read 227,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenalynn View Post
...Greeley is a breath of fresh air....

For some some reason I found this comment funny. Last time I was in Greeley the air was not so fresh!

Old 10-26-2009, 05:53 PM

302 posts, read 795,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenalynn View Post
Greeley is a great place to go to school and live. Aside from it's a growing town and lots of diffierent cultures are FINALLY moving in. It used to be all white. Now it has some culture. You look at any other city/town there is crime. Greeley is no different. The GPD is dedicated to this town also. Call the cops for any reason and they will show up. Most towns/cities you call the cops and they tell you to report your crime online. Greeley finally got online service which has been in place for over a year now, however, call the police they will come to your incident.
True! I live in a good neighborhood of Sacramento, and I had to file my own police report online for an incident of house and vehicular vandalism (drive by with a paintball gun). They said they could come out to take a report, but it would be a couple weeks. Whatever.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:40 AM

32 posts, read 112,393 times
nenalynn, when was Greeley all white? Greeley has always had culture, now it just has too many people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area