Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2007, 09:21 PM

261 posts, read 1,350,924 times

Advertisements

Hello all. I am trying to find teacher salary schedules for the Loveland and surrounding areas/cities, however I am unable to find some. I looked on the Thompson district website for the schedule, but couldn't find it.

Any ideas? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2007, 08:55 AM

101 posts, read 608,012 times
Here you go: http://www.thompson.k12.co.us/NAbout/MOU2005-2006.pdf (broken link)

It is on page 25 or thereabouts. All I can say is that the teacher salaries in CO are pitiful. CO cost of living has skyrocket with home prices going through the roof, but teacher salaries have stayed the same. I want to move to CO from CA, but I would actually be worse off in CO than SoCal. That is just unbelievable to me. CO needs to fix their teacher compensation.

Old 01-14-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Loveland Teacher Salary Schedule

albinoazian: Thank you for the information. Of course the pay is a lot less, but I'm sure the difference is much greater from SoCal. I'm a new teacher in the Sacramento area, so it looks like I'd be starting about $5K less over in CO. It's a difference, but manageable.

Thanks.

Old 01-14-2007, 02:12 PM

66 posts, read 493,944 times
Here is the link to the Poudre R1 school district salary schedule in Ft. Collns, Colorado.

http://www.psdschools.org/documentlibrary/downloads/Human_Resources/Salary_Schedules/Certified_Teacher_Salary_Schedule_T.pdf (broken link)

Old 01-14-2007, 10:35 PM

101 posts, read 608,012 times
I grew up in Rancho Cordova, I can see why you'd want to get out of Sacramento. It is just disappointing that home prices have skyrocketed in CO, but teacher salaries have stagnated. For a comparison of how high the cost of living has gotten in areas, a person needs to make more in Boulder than in Orange County. That is saying something. I am making $50k in my first year and the salary calculators say I need to make $52k to live the same in Boulder. Yet, Boulder only pays $34k. I want to go to CO, but the teaching pay scale is pitiful. I am thinking about Oregon, too.

Old 01-14-2007, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albinoazian View Post
I want to go to CO, but the teaching pay scale is pitiful. I am thinking about Oregon, too.
My pay difference wouldn't be that drastic from CA to CO because I don't get that much here in CA right now. My base pay is a little over 37 and it looks like Ft Collins is 34ish and Loveland is 32ish. But there is money worth in the lakes, rivers, great people, less crime, less traffic, I can go on and on. I am a mountain girl through and through. I grew up in Mt. Shasta, gets more snow than the CO places I mentioned.

Good luck with Oregon. The education system is a dump right now, and I mean that in the politest way possible. Teacher pay is ok, but the housing is also rising. I've been up and down Oregon, if you want information on certain places let me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area