Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2008, 11:21 AM

12 posts, read 54,956 times

Advertisements

I would think the best place to live for one to be free from traffic is a place on some rural road way outside town. That isn't practical for me, but I would settle for a more "quieter' place in-city to be closer to services (post office, grocery store, etc.) I have heard that around CSU can be quite congested, but what main streets are major traffic lanes that I might want to avoid? What I want is to be as far away from traffic and shopping centers (which can draw lots of traffic) as I can, but still be close enough to use those services without having to drive 10 miles. I guess what I want is to be in a neighborhood where I don't constantly hear the sound of cars or drive out of the neighborhood and immediately be on a busy street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 12:55 PM

169 posts, read 672,549 times
In general I would suggest the West side of town - say west of Taft Road. Once you get west of Taft anywhere in the city it tends to quiet down.

However, it sounds like you can probably still be OK in a more centrally located area as long as you are tucked away from the major streets like Mulberry, Prospect, Drake, Horsetooth, Harmony, Lemay, College, (did I get them all ) etc. It just sounds like you don't want a corner lot on one of these streets

Old 07-18-2008, 12:29 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,582,776 times
Yeah stay away from the East-Wast major street and then College/Taft area and you should be fine. Although that covers most of town. The West side of town near the foothill are fine, the Southwest side perhaps even quieter.

Old 07-19-2008, 03:14 PM

4 posts, read 9,584 times
1st of all, good luck. Having said that. I will take FC traffic over many of the other cities I've lived in. STAY AWAY FROM: 1) College 2) Drake
3) Taft. 4) Prospect. Pretty much all of the roads that are near the school
Also, with Hewlett Packard, the city has just grown so fast, it's crazy.
I live outside of the city, north of Wellington, because I am just not a city person although it is a pain to have to drive 25 min to get to the Albertson's on College. If you live in the town of Wellington, you can get to campus in about 20 min & it's relatively quiet. If you out towards Poudre high, some of those neighborhoods are pretty quiet. I personally like old town, but when I lived there & attended CSU, I walked or took the bus. I lived over by the old Safeway. It wasn't bad at all as long as you used public transportation or stayed home during the evening rush as it can get pretty bad at that intersection.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:05 AM

2,756 posts, read 12,975,932 times
Avoid 287/College. You can usually take streets parallel to College that will move you much quicker.

On the other hand, College is just about the only corridor that has decent bus service, so if you like the idea of taking the bus a lot, then you probably want to be as close to College as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area