Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2008, 02:37 PM

7 posts, read 14,877 times

Advertisements

Seems alot of people want to relocate to the Fort Collins/Loveland area. We are one of them. I just wanted to know if it is best to be in town or on the outskirts a bit? We have 3 small children and a painting business and would need to be fairly close to areas where people would require residential painting and in an area of town where we would be close to a good elementary school. An area of town where we are close to outdoor recreation and safety of my kids playing in the front yard are a must. However, we would like to be a little bit off the beaten path. Suggestions? Also, if you feel there are areas in Colorado that would better match my criteria, what are they?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 04:50 PM

423 posts, read 1,959,845 times
I use to do some painting in the Fort Collins area. I did not have any problems finding business. I guess the whole area around Fort Collins and Loveland is easily accessible so it all depends on what exactly you are looking for. If it is a small town I would say Wellington, Timnath, or Severance area. If it is mountains close to town I would say Bellvue, or horsetooth Resevoir area. There are many good elementary schools in our area also. What is your price range? How many acres? Do you mind neighbors or do you want to be in the middle of nowhere? I don't think your painting business is going to be the deciding factor of where you live, rather it will be what your preferences are as far as living situations.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:14 PM

Thanks for your input. That is encouraging news in regards to the painting business. As far as housing, I guess we would like the best of both worlds to a point. Not totally isolated but not on top of the neighbors. Maybe and acre or two with some mature landscape and mountains close by and be able to get into town to work, shop, etc in 10-15 min. I would say we would need to be around $300K. How about purchasing land and building? Are there areas to do that near town? What are constructions costs like for say about a 3,000 sq ft home?

Old 07-22-2008, 04:51 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,872,146 times
As long as your kids are still young, I would not want them playing in the front yard, unattended. Times have changed. No one can tell me that bad things don't happen in safe areas. I think more child abductions actually happen in safer areas because parents let their guard down. Just my 2 cents.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:05 PM

I agree 100% with your "2 cents" however there are always parts of town that are worse than others. I could tell someone moving to my area what parts of town I would avoid raising children in. That is all I'm looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area