U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 01:01 PM

3 posts, read 17,608 times

Advertisements

It is the up and coming area and still very affordable. Like Fort Collins used to be yrs. ago. Huge new retail area called I25/34, which is still building/adding on. I owned in the Loveland water district and the water rates are nearly 50% lower than Fort Collins! Still has the small town feel.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 07:13 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,432,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorhyne View Post
That looks like a real fabulous area. It is very close to Fort Collins as well as Boulder. It is near the foothills and Rocky Mountain National Park. On Google Earth the little blue dots have images to see and the scenery at Rocky Mountain Nat. Park is incredible. Anyway, Loveland is now high on my list of possible places to move to. Anyone here from that area or familiar with Loveland?
Im from Loveland. I think its great. I just moved here from Texas (after 5 months of hell) and before that Washington State. The mountains are beautiful, there are walking paths everywhere. We have alot of retail, which Ilike. The sales tax rate is lower than most of Denver. Housing is less expensive. Its close to Cheyanne wy, Ft Collins, Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park, and yes Boulder. I think its the best place on the front range. BYW it is only about 40 minutes to Denver. A very quick 40 min, as there is no traffic tie ups until you actually hit 84th in Denver in the Morning.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:13 AM

90,377 posts, read 109,136,365 times
I think its the best place on the front range. BYW it is only about 40 minutes to Denver. A very quick 40 min, as there is no traffic tie ups until you actually hit 84th in Denver in the Morning.

You must be flying. I did a Mapquest search from Loveland (point unspecified) to the VNA office in downtown Denver: 53 miles, 54 min. To get there in 40 min you are traveling about 85 mph.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:17 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,432,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
I think its the best place on the front range. BYW it is only about 40 minutes to Denver. A very quick 40 min, as there is no traffic tie ups until you actually hit 84th in Denver in the Morning.

You must be flying. I did a Mapquest search from Loveland (point unspecified) to the VNA office in downtown Denver: 53 miles, 54 min. To get there in 40 min you are traveling about 85 mph.
yes, 85 is about right? I want to drive slower but I would get rear ended on I 25. I don't know where all the police are. I am close to exit 257b and I have to 84th ave which is on exit 219. Its about 40 miles. At first when you said I must be flying, I thought you meant I must be nuts

Old 11-05-2007, 09:26 AM

90,377 posts, read 109,136,365 times
No, I meant flying in your car. And I assumed you perhaps are not going all the way into Denver. 84th Ave is a good ways north of the city yet. 52nd Ave is the northern city limit. Colfax is actually 15th Ave. Downtown really encompasses a large area, so distances vary.

I don't know where the police are. I always found I-25 North to be an awful road to drive, both due to speed and speed up/slow down drivers.

Old 11-05-2007, 02:16 PM

51 posts, read 230,829 times
Thanks for the replies. Loveland is currently on the top of my list.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:31 AM

3,553 posts, read 7,214,283 times
Default We were in the same boat-just bought

We were in the same boat, lived in TX for the last 30 years and we just purchased a house in Loveland. We found it to be "goldilocks" as far as size, proximity to Denver and several other features.

We like the availability of cultural activities, nice restaurants, excellent library and the roads are in great repair.

Come join us.

golfgod

Old 01-16-2008, 12:34 AM

1 posts, read 3,507 times
Exclamation Possibly moving to Loveland

I am thinking about moving to Loveland. I have some friends that live there and they asked me if I wanted to move in with them. The rent seems pretty good for the area. I don't have a job there yet though-have applied for a few online and will go to Loveland in a few days to check things out..I live about an hour away now. Just would like to know more about the town, cost of living, taxes, etc. Any advice would be great!!! What are the pros and cons of living there?? Thanks so much!!

Old 01-28-2008, 05:43 AM

7 posts, read 18,865 times
Default Loveland

Hi We are relocating to Colorado next month. We haven't been on a house hunting trip yet because we haven't heard for sure which town we will be working in. It will probably be Loveland, Fort Collins or Boulder. With that being said we have been researching places to rent. We think just from reading posts because we haven't been to visit yet that we would like to rent in Loveland short term lease until we get familiar with the area. What is your opinion of Northeast, northwest, southeast, and southwest Loveland????? Is Loveland pretty much the same or are different areas of the town more rural than others? We live in a very rural area now and like it. Also, what is the difference as far as the commute to Fort Collins and Boulder regarding these different locations? Thanks for all of your help.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:15 AM

4,308 posts, read 12,395,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcb08 View Post
Hi We are relocating to Colorado next month. We haven't been on a house hunting trip yet because we haven't heard for sure which town we will be working in. It will probably be Loveland, Fort Collins or Boulder. With that being said we have been researching places to rent. We think just from reading posts because we haven't been to visit yet that we would like to rent in Loveland short term lease until we get familiar with the area. What is your opinion of Northeast, northwest, southeast, and southwest Loveland????? Is Loveland pretty much the same or are different areas of the town more rural than others? We live in a very rural area now and like it. Also, what is the difference as far as the commute to Fort Collins and Boulder regarding these different locations? Thanks for all of your help.
Commuting from Loveland to Fort Collins takes about 15 minutes straight up Hwy 287. The cities are practically one nowadays. Commuting down to Boulder could take as long as 45 minutes depending on traffic and weather, even with 287 open. There is no direct route and going on I-25 is actually a long way round. You'd probably end up going thro Loveland, then Longmont and then into Boulder (or vice versa).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area