U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 10:12 AM

1 posts, read 6,508 times

Advertisements

Hello, We would like to relocate to Loveland and would like to know any information that is available. We would like to rent a house for a while until we get to know the area. Our 18Y/O will be transferring college in the area. How is the cost of living there, rent prices(average), job market? We are both in our 40's and would enjoy a quiet, calm life. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks Jean & John
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2006, 07:15 AM

4 posts, read 21,134 times
Loveland is a nice town but growing very fast (thats why i am leaving) you wont find much to rent for less than 1,000 a month jobs are out there but you probably have better luck working in ft collins but i wouldnt live there if you like it quiet and calm that place is getting insane

Old 11-20-2006, 09:23 PM

95 posts, read 536,518 times
Default How about Loveland?

For those who are familiar with FC & the surrounding towns...I haven't heard much about Loveland. From what I gather it is a smaller town feel, but 15 minutes from FC? Is this true? What do you think of the town itself? Does it seem too small? I have always lived in the suburbs of big cities...Seattle, San Fran. etc...so I think this will be a welcomed change, but will still seem familiar. I thought a smaller town may be better to raise kids. What are your takes on Loveland? Thanks in advance!

Old 11-20-2006, 10:55 PM

1,394 posts, read 3,993,257 times
I think Loveland is a very nice town, it is so close to Fort Collins, that if you ever just want to do something a little extra, you don't have to far to drive.
The people in Loveland are very nice, they have a beautiful lake, and when the sun sets, it looks so beautiful over the lake, totally awesome!!!
Loveland to me doesen't seem small, the town is spread out, and you are kind of in the middle of deciding wheather to take a drive up into the mountains, or take a run over to Fort Collins, for extra shopping etc.
Loveland has the small town feel, but it is still big enough to where I think you would be very happy. I know when we were there during the Fourth of July for the fireworks,we sat by the lake, people were so very nice, and it felt like home. I really liked Loveland, because we live in a town with 1900 people and to me that is the perfect size, big enough to where not everyone knows you yet small enough to be comfortable. We spent our honeymoon there, and we go back to visit every chance we can get. Hope this helps. Dorene

Old 11-21-2006, 04:01 PM

4,308 posts, read 12,358,552 times
Hi,
I work in Loveland so I get to see it from that viewpoint. It has a nice-looking Old Town near the south end of town (that I keep meaning to explore) with some well-kept antique homes. It seems like most businesses are spread out along Hwy 34 and up Lincoln/Hwy 287 towards Ft Collins. Unless you live and work out by Centerra everything is fairly close such as dining and shopping and it has all the usual chain stores as well as local ones, a cinema, shopping mall, etc. Easy access to I-25 too for getting to Denver and the airport.

I think the West side of town towards Big Thompson Canyon is the most beautiful part of town and driving up the canyon to Estes Park is stunning. Property here ranges from affordable, even in Old Town, to Boulder-like expensive, but it naturally depends on what you're looking for.

Old 11-23-2006, 12:21 PM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 360,851 times
Talking Oh man, I forgot to add.... :)

Oh and I forgot to add:

Do you need a AWD (All-Wheel Drive) vehicle in that area?? I saw like a million Subarus in town, so I am wondering.

Also, you never hear much about Loveland in terms of being Conservative or Liberal and people don't usually saw if Loveland is as well-kept (nice areas) as the Fort.

Thanks for the added-on asnwers to my questions!

Old 11-23-2006, 12:42 PM

615 posts, read 2,831,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian11 View Post
Do you need a AWD (All-Wheel Drive) vehicle in that area?? I saw like a million Subarus in town, so I am wondering.
Need no. 4WD and AWD are desireable, but you don't "need" one. A good FWD will do. Some even get by with a rear wheel drive, but I would not recommend it.

Old 11-23-2006, 04:57 PM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 360,851 times
Cool Ohhhh.... gotcha!

Gpraceman... thanks for the info.

How about the mountains? Do you ever venture up... let's say Winter Park or Steamboat without a n AWD or 4WD vehicle??

How much snow do we get at The Fort?

Old 11-23-2006, 08:13 PM

615 posts, read 2,831,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian11 View Post
How about the mountains? Do you ever venture up... let's say Winter Park or Steamboat without a n AWD or 4WD vehicle??
Yep. Many times. If you want one get one; otherwise, you can do quite well with a good FWD vehicle.

Old 11-24-2006, 10:38 AM

66 posts, read 463,962 times
I've lived in Loveland since the early 60's, so I have seen much change over the years.

Currently, Loveland's population is around 60K. From the north edge of Loveland, to the south end of Fort Collins, you're looking at 10-15 minutes. Open space between the cities will remain open, thanks to the two cities and county for buying land to keep the cities separate.

I would say that Loveland in general is less progressive than Ft. Collins, and probably a little more conservative. Before Centerra, located near I-25 and Hwy 34 east of Loveland, many people would shop in Ft. Collins and dine out there as well. That has all changed with the Promenade Shops at Centerra. The development includes many restaurants and a large theatre complex, and all types of shops - electronics, jewelry, sports, clothing, etc. It was a huge win for Loveland economically.

We are 40 -45 minutes east of Estes Park and the Rocky Mountain National Forest; 45 - 60 minutes north of Denver; 45 - 60 minutes from DIA; 45 - 60 minutes south of Cheyenee, Wyoming. So, we are centrally located, small city feel, close to bigger cities and their venues without the big city headaches.

The 4th of July festivities at North Lake Park during the day, and the awesome fireworks display over Lake Loveland at night are awesome. When August rolls around, you have the Art in the Park where artists from all over the nation come to display and sell their works. You also have the Larimer County Fair and Rodeo during the first week of August.

My wife and I went through the public schools here and our children have as well - well almost, one has left the nest, and our last two are a freshman and junior at Loveland High. The schools are good (my wife teaches kindergarten) there are some good sports programs and other activities for kids.

We love it here. Even after getting laid off 4 1/2 years ago from Agilent/HP, I couldn't pack up and leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area