Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 07:37 PM

6 posts, read 18,172 times

Advertisements

...I was born here and have stayed here for 46 years. The Mexicans, legal and illegal, have more rights than those of us who have been paying taxes all of our lives. Pressing one for English is very tiresome, supporting litters of children who cram our schools is more tiresome. Everyone is uptight and worried about getting sued. I just got fined $400 for practicing off-leash heeling at competition obedience level in my local park. Yes I vote but it is not working. I feel like a roach displaced by the neighbor's pesticides and don't know where to go. How can I resist your dog-loving state? If I have conservative yet environmental values will I still be unwelcome in your state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 07:25 AM

1,150 posts, read 2,699,505 times
Come on out, I don't see a problem here. Colorado is FULL of conservatives. The anti-California thing is overdone, more talked about than real. Anyway, Colorado is still the Frontier, you just set up camp and do whatcha like. It's very live and let live there. One thing though, plenty of THEM in Colorado too.

Old 10-05-2008, 11:57 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
This thread is just terrible. I was expecting something entirely different, not a "let's hate on the Mexicans"-fest.

K9K9K9, no legal Mexicans pay taxes? Illegals can't get around paying local taxes. You have to press one for English in Colorado as well. "Litters of children" "cram" schools here too. Why worry about getting sued? For what? I vote too, and sometimes it doesn't work for me either, nor do I like where my taxes go sometimes. If you came up to me saying what you have said in your post, I wouldn't welcome you, to Colorado or to anywhere. BTW, I'm a native-Californian as well, and it wasn't THEM (thanks, POhd) that scared me off. If you don't like THEM, press "1" to pick another state.

Old 10-05-2008, 12:42 PM

423 posts, read 1,959,845 times
K9K9K9-Unfortunately you will most likely have a welcome like the one David has given you by many in Colorado. I have a brother in law from California. Personalities in California are much stronger than the ones here in Colorado and that tends to offend some people. With that said you just sound like a very frustrated unhappy Californian so maybe a little change of pace in laid back Colorado would do some good. However like David said we face the same issues here in Colorado as the rest of the country including California.

Old 10-05-2008, 01:31 PM

Thank you for your honest replies and appropriate criticism. Your information is very helpful to me and I hope others will add to this thread.

Old 10-05-2008, 01:33 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i will try to answer
my uncle in memphis says huck
living in california is like living with a beautiful woman
that has a headache all the time

Old 10-05-2008, 04:24 PM

719 posts, read 2,618,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Emmerling View Post
K9K9K9-Unfortunately you will most likely have a welcome like the one David has given you by many in Colorado. I have a brother in law from California. Personalities in California are much stronger than the ones here in Colorado and that tends to offend some people. With that said you just sound like a very frustrated unhappy Californian so maybe a little change of pace in laid back Colorado would do some good. However like David said we face the same issues here in Colorado as the rest of the country including California.
You used the wrong word. Egos, not personalities. Superficiality reigns supreme in CA.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
You used the wrong word. Egos, not personalities. Superficiality reigns supreme in CA.
HA HA HA! Perhaps not so true about northern CA but down here it is beyond belief. A lot of plastic bodies here to match the inflated egos. Good thing there is only one Hollywood or our nation would be in deep trouble.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:11 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,718,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
Superficiality reigns supreme in CA.
Oh, no, no, no. In L.A. maybe. That's not CA as a whole, no way.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:53 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,772 times
I don't like to delete posts, but it is against the TOS to post in a language other than ENGLISH.
Thanks for your co-operation

forum rules, please read them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area