Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 07:13 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times

Advertisements

Danny! When I lived on the front range I worked at the Ft. St. Vrain Plant for 14 years. A lot of guys I knew commuted from Loveland. All of them loved living there.

Golfgod has the best reason. They have the prettiest parks of all the towns in that area. If I had to move back to the front range Loveland would work for me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 07:32 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,401,935 times
You may find these stories interesting in AARP Magazine:

"Fort Collins/Loveland ranked # 1 as boomers redefine retirement and lead the move to a new generation of dream towns..."

Fort Collins/Loveland Ranked # 1 by Boomers for Retirement

"The 15 Best Places to Reinvent Your Life"

Loveland is No. 1

The 15 Best Places to Reinvent Your Life

Livecontent

Old 12-24-2008, 08:55 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,715,272 times
Livecontent, those are really interesting articles. It looks like my mom knows what she is doing at that's put me at some ease. When I showed her your links she just said, "See? I told ya!" and then sauntered out of the room with a happy smirk.

Old 12-26-2008, 03:02 AM

18 posts, read 84,279 times
Mom is gonna love loveland and fort collins area.
One of the best areas in America.
Nice little lake, dog racing track, close to fort collins.
I haven't been there for a few years as i've been working montana and wyoming. But i still miss living there. it was great.
Close to Boulder, Fort collins,Denver,cheyene and so on.
She could take in a game in denver or a concert at red rocks, or pay the dogs, go to cheyenne for frontier days, or make a week end getaway to yellowstone.
Loveland isn't appreciated by the locals though- they forget how good they have it.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:50 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,849,301 times
montanafarrier wrote;
Quote:
dog racing track
Nope, that's gone.

But he did mention a lot of the reasons we chose Loveland over some other areas. One hour to Estes Park, 2 hours to skiing, golf and fishing right here.

golfgod

Old 12-26-2008, 01:25 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,715,272 times
I am officially no longer worried about her living in Loveland! We live in Rapid City now (just 4 hours away) and she tries to make it down there to do some shopping as much as possible. I just think it's really funny because most people her age look at Florida or SoCal for early retirement and she just can't get her mind off Loveland.

I think Loveland/FoCo is kind of like a much nicer version of Rapid City with better shopping and more to do. That is probably why she enjoys it so much.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,122 times
Where does a 40-ish woman got to find a great guy in loveland - ft collins co area? Where do they "hang" ?? Looking for Professional men - established - decent- fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area