U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 01:25 PM

26 posts, read 172,700 times

Advertisements

Im from just 35 miles north of Louisville, Ky, where they have some gang activity in the West end. I guess when I think of gang activity I think of South Central L.A., New York, Kansas City, ect.
I did a comparison of Louisville and Greeley and Greeley is nothin compared to Louisville. But for me ANY gang activity would seem like alot. I did a search on Denver and it made Louisville seem like Mayberry. L.A. had better numbers than Denver???
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2006, 02:17 PM

1,088 posts, read 5,960,891 times
You are right the gang activity in Greeley (and even Denver) is very minimal, petty stuff. Mostly property crime or drug dealing. Rural CO (like the rest of rural America) has a huge meth problem so the gangs are moving to rural areas. The solution, don't do meth or get involved with people who do and you won't really run into these gangs.

Old 09-26-2006, 04:11 PM

26 posts, read 172,700 times
Meth is a big problem in my small town of about 7,000 people, 30,000 in the county. It is the biggest county, other than Marion (Indy) in Indiana, with plenty of houses way out in nowhere cookin up Meth. I moved to go to college and came back 4 years later and the place went from a nice, hardworking middle class town to nothin but meth heads. It's sad that a whole town can go to hell in less than 5 years!

Old 12-04-2006, 02:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,957 times
Well seeing as I currently live in Greeley I can tell you that the gangs aren't that big of problem to the middle class yet. However thanks to rural America the ingredients for meth are availible in tool sheds of farms and the tweekers dont take the time to think about their actions. The biggest threat is to the college students as one of the first missions of the Surenos is to go and jump a college student. You can see them out in the open and most are segregated to the poorer parts of Greeley with most of the activity happening north of 7th and 7th (Avenues and streets in Greeley are both numbered.) However if you either stay near the University or farther west there are some very nice neighborhoods

Old 12-04-2006, 09:06 AM

199 posts, read 901,441 times
Hoosierteacher, my wife and I moved from Indiana to Fort Collins a couple of years ago -- and we will move back to Indiana soon. Even though Colorado seems to be a nice place to live (Mountains, low humidity, etc.) the people are much less friendly than in the Midwest, the property is more expensive, and it is really really dry out here.
My wife got her master's at the university in Greeley and hates the town. Of course, there are some nicer areas but many people are moving away because of the reasons like meth, illegal immigrants, and the resulting decline in quality of life. Also, the city itself is not very pretty and the surrounding land is flat and dry. If you're from southern Indiana and used to rolling green hills, you will have a hard time adjusting.
Another drawback in Colorado are the universities. The major 4-year public schools (University of Colorado & Colorado State University) are considerably worse and have much less funding than the major public schools in Indiana (Indiana University and Purdue University). This might become important when you have children.
Fort Collins is a pretty town but it also increasingly struggles w/ crime resulting from meth addicts. These especially include identity theft, burglary, and gang activities.
The people in Fort Collins are very conservative, even compared to us Hoosiers. One good thing about Fort Collins is that the K-12 school system is pretty good and that there are some IB World Schools in town.

Hope that helps!

Old 12-02-2010, 11:51 AM

2 posts, read 3,211 times
Default like to do business in greeley

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate_12 View Post
I'm very interested in the Greeley/Fort Collins area, can anyone give me info on that? Specifically, what is the weather like, towns like, are there good schools, churches, etc? And any other tidbits...
I want to buy a liquer store in east of UNC , please give some tips how it works , is it good to start retail store in this area?

Old 12-02-2010, 11:59 AM

2 posts, read 3,211 times
Default looking to buy a business in greeley

I am thinking to buy a liquer store in east of UNC, please suggest me ,

is that busy area or safer? what are bad points and what are goods to starts please....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area