Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 07:27 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times

Advertisements

See. This is exactly why I love City-Data. A young woman immigrates here from Thailand and not only meets some wonderful friendly people from Northern Colorado to provide their insight into what they'd like to see in a new Thai restaurant and where a prime location might be, but also another woman comes on to offer to bounce ideas off of one another. Perhaps we have a partnership forming? This is so cute! Please keep us informed of your business progress. I live on the East Coast, but I'd love to visit Colorado someday and would definitely scope out your restaurant as I really do love Thai food!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 04:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,322 times
Hi, I am interested in possibly starting a thai restaurant in the mountain region and am looking for a thai cook to run the kitchen. Let me know if you are interested.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:12 PM

296 posts, read 803,009 times
First of all, I do not live in Colorado. But I love Thai food. Of course it has to be good quality food and I have access to a couple of very good quality Thai restaurants where I live. These restaurants are always busy.

While visiting Denver I went to a Thai restaurant. It was very poor quality, I would never go back there.

If you do open a Thai restaurant - do not skimp on quality - it will only hurt your business in the long run.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:45 AM

1,126 posts, read 2,926,537 times
I agree with those that recommended Loveland. Loveland is getting lots more restaurants and better selection. It is drawing people from Greeley, Windsor, and sometimes Fort Collins.
I think Thai restaurant would do well there.
But hurry, you are making me hungry!!

Old 11-11-2009, 09:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anah2009 View Post
Hi everyone! i just moved here 1 week.Everything is very new to me caz i m thai and seems not so many asian people here right?
I try to apply many job in retail store &shopping mall but not available for me
They said just wait.. may be next month will available ...may be...
So I think about open thai restaurant I search there r 5 thai restaurants in Fort Collins but Boulder more than 10 thai restaurants.
I love to work I have a lot of experience in restaurant field and my family can help me cook too. I know it's not easy for start the new business now .But i want to know more information about how do u think about thai restaurant here?
Where i should open thai restaurant?
And FC people love to eat out or not ?
I feel so lonely here but now i feel have friends in this forum to talk with.
Thank for your time to answer me.
YES, Please open a Thai Restaurant! We moved here from the Boston area and only Sri Thai comes close to the quality and tastiness we are used to from the East Coast. East Asia Moon is passable.

Fort Collins residents and visitors to the college LOVE to go out to eat. It's one of the main forms of entertainment here, especially if you have a patio of some sort. We get so many nice, sunny days here really year round that people like to sit outside, bring their dogs to sit (in an area next to the patio).

We live on the SE side of town so I will vote for opening up over here - lots of new developments and high-tech families with disposable income :-).

Old 11-14-2009, 12:29 PM

184 posts, read 440,208 times
Coming from the east coast we are spoiled here with excellent Thai food and would love to see an authentic Thai restaurant open in Canon City. There's a Japanese sushi restaurant there that seems to be surviving so it seems that Thai food would do even better (personal bias, perhaps). The Thai restaurants where we've eaten in CO aren't all that great, frankly. They don't even come close to comparing with anything we've had in Thailand, or Virginia, for that matter. Best of luck to you wherever you decide to open your restaurant!

Old 11-15-2009, 12:11 AM

5,089 posts, read 15,403,299 times
Quote:
Hi everyone! i just moved here 1 week.Everything is very new to me caz i m thai and seems not so many asian people here right?
So I think about open thai restaurant I search there r 5 thai restaurants in Fort Collins but Boulder more than 10 thai restaurants.
I love to work I have a lot of experience in restaurant field and my family can help me cook too. I know it's not easy for start the new business now .But i want to know more information about how do u think about thai restaurant here?
I would suggest you first find a position in food service in any restaurant--it does not have to be Thai or Asian. Learn all you can about the specific requirements of operating a restaurant in the United States. Learn about labor laws, taxes, permits. Learn about the suppliers and which are good and which are bad. Learn about credit, money and banking. Learn about the difficulties of hiring, supervising and firing American Labor.

Learn about American Equipment and methods of cooking that can and will be applied to Thai cuisine. You cannot just come here with just an idealized view of Thai cuisine without adaptations. Products available there are not available here and there are many products here that may be superior. Techniques and procedures have to be adapted to equipment and the cost of labor. Learn about the cuts of meats and what is economical to buy, so you can negotiated with a supplier and get a better deal.

All restaurants have many systems that are common, no matter what the cuisine. Running a restaurant is attention to many little details, day after day and it is not all about having good food. I have heard it numerous times how people can cook such good food and they may be right but you have to do it day after day and be consistent in quality and service. Your most favorite and best dish will become a hateful chore, but it must be done.

Understand the nature of the American dining public and their fanciful changing desires. The perceptions of an authentic ethnic cuisine to Americans is not necessarily the reality of that cuisine but what they find acceptable. So it is so for all cooking and food as it crosses international boundaries; it changes and becomes a product of the local dining experience--no matter what the label.

If you learn and put it together with your ethnic knowledge then maybe you will be successful. You are getting some encouragement from many posters to open a Thai Restaurant but that is only part of the issue; they are just a cheering section but they do not provide the talent, the expertise or the skills to run a restaurant.

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 11-15-2009 at 12:29 AM..

Old 04-01-2010, 09:56 PM

108 posts, read 340,378 times
I have heard that the Thai food is not that good here yet, but I haven't tried it yet. I would like to. If the rumors are true, there is room for you. There are none in downtown. There are several Vietnamese restaurants here, which surprised me, for such a small town. (100,000)

Old 03-01-2012, 06:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,167 times
Default anah2009

hi i have same idea i was in bangkok for last two years and i love thai food and woudl like to open resturant may be we can do here in conecticut i have place here my email add is [EMAIL="mrpatel2002@yahoo.com"]mrpatel2002@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]
Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area