Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2009, 12:45 AM

25 posts, read 91,816 times

Advertisements

Are there any public lands around Greeley for hunting. Is it hard to get permission to hunt private lands. I am being transferred to Greeley next month and want a place to hunt this winter. Any info. is appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 03:36 PM

4 posts, read 20,053 times
Not a lot of public land around Greeley to hunt. But you're never too far from hunting anywhere you live in Colorado!

go to the Colorado Division of Wildlife website and poke around there...should give you some good information.

www.wildlife.state.co.us.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:39 PM

1 posts, read 11,111 times
Yes there is Predator and Pronghorn Antelope hunting at The Pawnee National Grasslands They lie 25 miles northeast of Greeley in Weld county, near Briggsdale, CO. It includes 193,000 acres of public land in two units located approximately 12 miles east of Ault, Colorado on Hwy 14. It is managed by Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests. Before traveling on the Pawnee National Grassland, purchasing a Grassland map is recommended to help the You distinguish between public lands and private ownership. The cost is $4.00 each, and are available at the Greeley office. Local stores may also sell the map. I to live in Greeley and go hunting often for Coyotes in the grass lands maybe we can hunt together. I never hunt alone if interested contact me at [email]kuhniv@msn.com[/email] my name is George.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:06 AM

50,234 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHK44 View Post
Yes there is Predator and Pronghorn Antelope hunting at The Pawnee National Grasslands They lie 25 miles northeast of Greeley in Weld county, near Briggsdale, CO. It includes 193,000 acres of public land in two units located approximately 12 miles east of Ault, Colorado on Hwy 14. It is managed by Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests. Before traveling on the Pawnee National Grassland, purchasing a Grassland map is recommended to help the You distinguish between public lands and private ownership. The cost is $4.00 each, and are available at the Greeley office. Local stores may also sell the map. I to live in Greeley and go hunting often for Coyotes in the grass lands maybe we can hunt together. I never hunt alone if interested contact me at kuhniv@msn.com my name is George.
Dang, wish I had known this when I used to live there.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:49 PM

1 posts, read 8,924 times
can you hunt there year round? and with .22 rifles?

Old 11-26-2011, 07:21 PM

25 posts, read 91,816 times
my time in greeley has come and gone and i was transferred to another state for my job. I didn't have much luck coyote hunting out on the pawnee, too many coyote hunters around. I enjoyed the pawnee grasslands for its wide open spaces and the fact that I could go out there anytime and target shoot. Had i been there longer I would have put in for antelope tag, seemed to be thousands of them in the area.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:52 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,688 posts, read 57,985,728 times
There are lots of 'urban' coyotes and fox, I was surprised to see many per night in towns and mall parking lots in NoCo.

Maybe they could be collected (trapped) and sent to Stoneham or New Raymer (Pawnee Grasslands).

I'm a prairie kid, and in the genealogy of pioneer homesteaders. I love it out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area