Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2009, 07:48 AM

5 posts, read 12,080 times

Advertisements

Just looking for feedback on advantages, disadvantages of living in Ft. Collins, Estes Park or Loveland... My wife and I are looking to relocate to CO and are looking for a mountain town with a family-outdoor lifestyle but also has opportunities in the Healthcare field in town or nearby...great schools as well... Also, as far as winter goes does any of the above three get more snow than the others.. any feedback appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 08:06 AM

2,075 posts, read 5,123,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLtoCO View Post
Just looking for feedback on advantages, disadvantages of living in Ft. Collins, Estes Park or Loveland... My wife and I are looking to relocate to CO and are looking for a mountain town with a family-outdoor lifestyle but also has opportunities in the Healthcare field in town or nearby...great schools as well... Also, as far as winter goes does any of the above three get more snow than the others.. any feedback appreciated!!
Estes Park is the only town that is in the mountains. You can view these areas on Google Earth so you can see for yourself.
The elevation of Estes Park is 7500' and I believe they receive more snowfall than Ft. Collins or Loveland.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:10 AM

788 posts, read 1,741,894 times
I don't know what type of healthcare job you are looking for but opportunities are somewhat limited (and competitive)even in the healthcare field in northern CO. I worked as a RN for PVH and from what i saw they do not have difficulties attracting experienced nurses and the turnover is low. FC is a great place to live with good schools, ect. and PVH and NCMC in Greeley are both magnet facilities. For these reasons it is a top destination for healthcare workers IMHO. My advice would be make sure you have secure employment before relocating.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:15 AM

5 posts, read 12,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rya700 View Post
I don't know what type of healthcare job you are looking for but opportunities are somewhat limited (and competitive)even in the healthcare field in northern CO. I worked as a RN for PVH and from what i saw they do not have difficulties attracting experienced nurses and the turnover is low. FC is a great place to live with good schools, ect. and PVH and NCMC in Greeley are both magnet facilities. For these reasons it is a top destination for healthcare workers IMHO. My advice would be make sure you have secure employment before relocating.

Thanks for the input.. my wife is a PTA and Im a Firefighter Paramedic if that helps...

Old 07-14-2009, 02:32 PM

718 posts, read 1,986,366 times
A couple of quick thoughts:

Estes will see colder, windy winters with more snow on the ground. Real estate prices will be a bit higher up there, as well. It is very quiet in the winter, but lots to do in the summer.

Fort Collins will have higher housing prices than Loveland. Night life is good in Fort Collins, and so is cultural activity, with the campus having its influence.

Loveland has better access to Denver and to Rocky Mountain National Park, and more of a small town feel.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:34 AM

59 posts, read 194,251 times
When living in Fort Collins or Loveland there are 4 hospitals that are all fairly close. One in Fort Collins, Loveland and the Medical Center of the Rockies right in between. There is also a hospital in Greeley which is not very far. It'll take approximately 40 minutes to get from one hospital to the other. Live in Windsor (no mountans) and you'll be right in the middle of all three hospitals. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area