U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 11:10 AM

22,958 posts, read 42,032,002 times

Advertisements

Robert, most of Denver, Boulder and it's environs, Fort Collins, etc would all be fine places for you. On the west side of COLO SPGS is a tiny place called Manitou Springs, also a good place. Fear not, there is plenty here for you.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 11:42 AM

52 posts, read 205,296 times
Loveland.....my research in the last 1 1/2 yrs.

Stay away from working or operating a business in downtown.

Trafffic congestion all day long.

They believe in family so if you don't have kids think twice you wont fit in. I was told that the residents are pro-family and will not go to businesses that are not 100% family orientated and this came from a city employee.

Traffic and more traffic and fast driving to boot.

Henrys is over-priced and not worth the money spent on the food. And the owners are drunks who dont watch over their cooks. Who knows what is in the food.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:11 PM

3,553 posts, read 7,197,691 times
Card Shark has some odd comments;

Quote:
Stay away from working or operating a business in downtown.
Trafffic congestion all day long.
This almost sounds like the old Yogi-ism, "nobody goes there any more, it's too crowded". We've lived in Loveland for about 16 months now and we haven't found getting around downtown to be any trouble at all. We're down there at different times of day and the only time I see what I would call "heavy" traffic is "rush hour" and then mostly on Friday.

I can't speak to the conditions at Henry's, but they seem to do a pretty fair amount of business.

I don't know what you mean about businesses having to be "family oriented". We don't have kids, in fact on our street of 20 houses there are only 3 kids. Granted I don't know of any port shops or strip clubs in Loveland, but there are tattoo places and a fair number of bars.

We like it here because it has everything we want, good climate, nice people (but then I think people are pretty nice everywhere I've ever lived, good shopping, local theatre, good schools, lots of outdoor activities, cultural stuff. If we want to see a "Broadway" play we may have to go to Denver to see it. That means it's one hour away, same as the airport.

golfgod

Old 08-27-2009, 11:37 PM

112 posts, read 197,637 times
Hi, golfgod.
Thanks for the info. We do have two boys. I rarely drink and probably would never want to go into a smoky tavern for any reason. While I don't condemn drinking I have seen it ruin people. My favorite bumper sticker: "Instant A**Hole - Just Add Alcohol." I don't even believe in a devil, but bar-life and regular alcohol consumption comes pretty close. I definitely want the outdoor activities that Colorado can offer us.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:15 PM

3 posts, read 6,322 times
I used to live in Loveland many years ago. I haven't been there since 1982. Is the sugar beet processing plant and the KOA still there on Rte 34? Just curious in New York.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:23 PM

The plant is still there, no beets though! There is some talk, and some investors looking at converting it to something "artsy" related. I love it when old places like that are converted to new uses.

There is a campground, (KOA?) out on 34 just before you start up the hill to EP.

If it's been that long you wouldn't recognize a lot of Loveland. My family and I drove through here in '64 (I was 16) so don't remember much but I came up here with an AF buddy in '67, he was looking at CSU (Colorado A&M then I think) but again I don't remember that much.

We've been here off and on for two years and full time for about 18 months and we love it. Although days like today, 6 degrees this morning makes my wife talk about a winter place in AZ or someplace.

gg

Old 12-07-2009, 09:00 PM

56 posts, read 253,088 times
I've been in Loveland for 6 months. The summer was amazing, fall was pretty and the winter has so far been a tad bit fridged - must be global warming.

Cardsharks comments on Henrys - I think they have a great walleye dinner and their deep fried pickles are good. I agree it's a bit spendy but they always seem busy.

Golf God, I lived in southern AZ for 13 yrs and it's not all it's cracked up to be in winter. Cost for a round of golf is way over priced. Traffic is horrible and cost of living is high - just in time for the snow birds. $$$$

Spring is just around the corner! But for now - 8 inches of snow on the ground and bleepin cold temps. More snow in the forecast Awesome! My blood will thicken or so I'm told.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:23 PM

AZheat; yeah it's definitely too cold out the last couple of days. We're heading to Vail on Wednesday for some skiing.

As for the golf, living right next to The Olde Course (which was the final deciding factor on our house) and buying the 7 day year round pass makes golf here a STEAL. I pay $500 for the pass and $6 to play 18 holes. Even if I only play 4 rounds a week ( I don't usually play on the weekend, too slow), I was playing in early February '09, although the lack of an Autumn this year cut me off early, I'm getting 150-200 rounds a year. That works out to about $9.00 per round.

I also play with a group that goes all over norther CO and pay about $25/$30 per round with them.

After a year and a half of full time we really like it here.

golfgod
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area