Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 09:33 PM

40 posts, read 216,301 times

Advertisements

Organick, my family is considering a move to this area as well and it's funny, because as I was reading your post I couldn't help but wonder if I had actually WRITTEN it! The only difference is that we're hoping to live more "in town" as we like the "neighbor and community" feeling.

It's funny you say you've lived in Ashland and Eugene. We are looking at those places too

Looking for alternative docs, a progressive, environmentally conscious, open minded, kind group of people, safe community, larger property (we want to grow ALL of our own food, including the chickens for meat! This is lofty and i don't know how well we'll succeed but we'd like to try)

Love the outdoors, hubby wants to fish all the time and i'm a big hiker and love riding bikes.

We have 3 kids and are looking for a wonderful place to raise them where I can (hopefully) stay at home or work very part time. My husband is a teacher. I would love to homeschool the children.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to you, as we seem to have similar ideals. Who knows, maybe we'll be neighbors in the near future. Our move wouldn't take place until summer at the earliest (a slave to the school schedule).

Might I ask what your profession is? Each time I ask advise on one of these sites, I get more unsolicited advice about the fact that I should ride out the recession before following my dreams since I have a stable job here (which we appreciate very much, by the way). Wondering if you've had much of the same response.

Where are you currently residing and what brings you to want to relocate?

And lastly, do you have any suggestions for other areas I might look into?

Nice to meet you organick!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 09:41 PM

585 posts, read 2,223,019 times
It's a great town. It's still a "cowboy" town but there's a big "progressive" scene there too. I liked how they seemed to balance each other out. The art scene was strong but not as strong as it should be.

If you like a dry climate, it's a good place to be. One thing I noticed though is that it's rather transient...meaning a lot of people hang around for a few years and leave. It's actually one of the reasons we left, most of our friends moved away.

It sounds like what you want will be a ways outside of the town though. Mike Weber pretty much nailed it.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:45 PM

90 posts, read 219,810 times
Has " The Fort" got critisism for that balloon boy story?

Old 11-01-2009, 09:18 PM

718 posts, read 1,985,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMaster View Post
Has " The Fort" got critisism for that balloon boy story?
I have received some good natured jokes about it from friends in other places, but I don't think anyone is taking it very seriously.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:21 PM

112 posts, read 425,146 times
" It's still a "cowboy" town"

Does this mean in the goat-roping, racist, good-'ole-boy, sexist, ignorant kind of way or the wild west, lawless, maverick, kind of way?

I live in Flagstaff Arizona and it is all of the things the OP was asking and it isn't a "cowboy" town but it is NOT affordable at all.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area