Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2010, 09:52 PM

16 posts, read 53,600 times

Advertisements

Moving there soon, trying to live in a decent area so I don't have to worry about break -ins. I only need something small for one person, hopeful for a garage too. I know that Loveland doesn't have a bad crime rate....but, still would feel better with some opinions on where to look. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 10:02 PM
'M'

1,956 posts, read 3,201,048 times
Gee...am surpised that no one has commented on this thread.

I live in Estes Park and have been coming to Loveland for 25 years, from Denver prior to Estes Park. There is an nice selection of homes/apartments in the central part of Loveland although I don't know about the least expensive areas. Personally, my plan - because I've thought of moving to my favorite city in this area - would be to stay mostly south of Hwy 34/Eisenhower...someone did tell me the farther north you go, the more likely you'll run into higher crime areas/drug areas.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:22 PM

23 posts, read 80,897 times
Actually the north west side of town is VERY nice also! Are you going to be living in an apartment complex or a single family home?

Old 05-03-2010, 07:48 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,847,411 times
There are several current threads on this, maybe that's why not too many answers on this one. That said, if you want a garage it might be best to seek a smaller house, somewhere in the central part of town. S. of 34, east of Taft, west of Boise, down to about south 4th stree, there are a lot of older homes, some with what appear to be "granny units" and a lot of them have garages on alleys.

We did the historic home tour this weekend and walking those neighborhoods was a bit of any eye opener for my wife and I. Drive some neighborhoods looking for signs in yards, check the paper and CL instead of using a rental agent who is probably going to steer you to the newer, bigger developments.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:37 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,515,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace Draven View Post
Moving there soon, trying to live in a decent area so I don't have to worry about break -ins. I only need something small for one person, hopeful for a garage too. I know that Loveland doesn't have a bad crime rate....but, still would feel better with some opinions on where to look. Thanks
Loveland is great.. I just put a contract on a house there. The housing market there is robust, hardly phased by the economic downturn. I ended up paying full list or someone else would have had it, there was more than one offer on this property. The southern part of town has more rentals, but it is rougher than the north and Nw parts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Fort Collins area