Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2010, 10:51 AM

4 posts, read 7,554 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are planning to move to South Florida,Fort Lauderdale area. We have a 6 year old and want to live in an area with good schools,close to everything (shopping and especially the beach) but at the same time a little quite and pretty safe. We have friends in Weston, but it is a little expensive. Are there any other cities as safe and with good schools like Weston but a little more affordable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 11:01 AM

3,043 posts, read 7,709,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprr View Post
My wife and I are planning to move to South Florida,Fort Lauderdale area. We have a 6 year old and want to live in an area with good schools,close to everything (shopping and especially the beach) but at the same time a little quite and pretty safe. We have friends in Weston, but it is a little expensive. Are there any other cities as safe and with good schools like Weston but a little more affordable?
There are parts of West Davie, just south of 595 - Shenandoah, Pine Ridge, and Rolling Hills that are far more affordable. Also look into Cooper City. The elementary schools are all good - focus on the middle school - either Indian Ridge or Pioneer should keep you from having to move for awhile.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:01 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,904,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprr View Post
There is a section of Sunrise that borders Weston road. The houses are smaller than in Weston, but very nice and well kept. The schools are all pretty good there as well, Weston elementary schools and Indian Ridge middle school. The area is south of state road 84, east of Weston Road. The communities are not all gated there so you can take a ride around. I think you wil like it there. The yards are very nice in that area (nicer than Weston).

The Shenandoah section of Davie is quite nice and feeds to Indian Ridge middle (not sure of the elementary there). The houses are a little older than in Weston, but the neighborhood is nice and quiet, there is a nice park nearby Shenandoah park) and the homes are all nicely kept.

Old 07-17-2010, 03:54 PM

154 posts, read 552,544 times
I think he said he wants to live close to everything like shopping and near the beach.

Old 07-17-2010, 04:28 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,709,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southfl1 View Post
I think he said he wants to live close to everything like shopping and near the beach.

Rather than criticize, why not make some suggestions of your own?

Old 07-17-2010, 04:44 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,469,718 times
What about Coral Springs, Parkland, or Coconut Creek? They have good schools and are more affordable than Weston so far as I know. Coconut Creek is also closer to the beach, and is convenient to the Turnpike and 95.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:32 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,904,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
What about Coral Springs, Parkland, or Coconut Creek? They have good schools and are more affordable than Weston so far as I know. Coconut Creek is also closer to the beach, and is convenient to the Turnpike and 95.
I don't think Parkland will be more affordable than Weston. Coral Springs and Coconut Creek might be a little less, but they need to be careful of some of the schools in that area.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:22 PM

154 posts, read 552,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauve View Post
Rather than criticize, why not make some suggestions of your own?

Well, let's suggest some great places near the beach! I think that's his top priority! Hollywood, Deerfield, Boca Raton (not everything is pricey), Coral Ridge, Pompano, Sunny Isles, DelRay Beach...so many to choose from and tons of families live out there. You may want to find a good real estate agent from a few of these areas....maybe starting in Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood near the water and work around those areas. See what's out there, talk to other parents, check out schools.

Remember, other families live and work in these areas and they are great places. Pricey too...but there are areas where you can find deals. Best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area