U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 07:10 PM

19 posts, read 23,921 times

Advertisements

We LOVE breakfasts and will be doing breakfast EVERY day during vacation. Now this can become expensive with 4 "adults" and one child. Do you know any hole in the wall inexpensive "but good" breakfast places that are a must? Would love to hear about them. Also, we wind up doing late lunches or early dinners (so we wind up qualifying for the early bird specials). Any great deals out there that are not going to break the bank? Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 08:35 PM

469 posts, read 1,218,337 times
I have yet to find one. Budget AT LEAST $40 for a family of 5 at any sit down place. Pollo Tropical and La granja (latin-ish lunch/dinner) has great family deals. Latin Grill is pretty good for latin-sandwiches. 2 people can share an entree- big portions! Good Luck~

Old 07-19-2010, 09:20 PM

11,642 posts, read 21,589,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by namomof3 View Post
I have yet to find one. Budget AT LEAST $40 for a family of 5 at any sit down place. Pollo Tropical and La granja (latin-ish lunch/dinner) has great family deals. Latin Grill is pretty good for latin-sandwiches. 2 people can share an entree- big portions! Good Luck~
The OP asked about BREAKFAST!!

Old 07-20-2010, 05:44 AM

3,757 posts, read 7,898,967 times
Lesters in FLL; There is a place in pines that is definitely a hole in the wall - its the bagel place across the streetfrom the Pembroke Pines mall - next to Michaels; Weston Diner

And Latin Grill has breakfast sandwiches - i think.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:31 AM

3,043 posts, read 7,107,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post

She asked about dinner as well.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
didn't it say breakfast and dinners?????
Latin grill has breakfast sandwiches- I never had them but my husband says they are good and inexpensive.

Last edited by namomof3; 07-20-2010 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: added breakfast

Old 07-20-2010, 01:32 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,107,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by namomof3 View Post
didn't it say breakfast and dinners?????
lol, yes, she was looking for suggestions for BOTH!

On the Hollywood Broadwalk there are a lot of cheap hole in the wall gyro & pizza type places that are actually very good. And, the views can't be beat.

The only breakfast place I can think of is The Floridian on Las Olas and Lester's on SR 84 (not the prettiest location).

I can't think of any places that do Early Birds anymore.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:19 AM

11,642 posts, read 21,589,108 times
I like The Egg & You for breakfast. US1 near Oakland Park. Fort Lauderdale Pizza on Oakland Park Blvd just west of US 1 (near Christ Lutheran Church) is pretty good and cheap.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:15 PM

9,444 posts, read 16,036,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjanae View Post
We LOVE breakfasts and will be doing breakfast EVERY day during vacation. Now this can become expensive with 4 "adults" and one child. Do you know any hole in the wall inexpensive "but good" breakfast places that are a must? Would love to hear about them. Also, we wind up doing late lunches or early dinners (so we wind up qualifying for the early bird specials). Any great deals out there that are not going to break the bank? Thanks.
Believe it or not IKEA in Sunrise has a decent but inexpensive breakfast!!! I like their crepes. You can get crepes there and coffee for only like 5 bucks!
They also have dinners that include Swedish meatballs that are yummi and it's inexpensive at all.

Lester's and Weston diner are decent for breakfast, not too expensive.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Believe it or not IKEA in Sunrise has a decent but inexpensive breakfast!!! I like their crepes. You can get crepes there and coffee for only like 5 bucks!
They also have dinners that include Swedish meatballs that are yummi and it's inexpensive at all.

Lester's and Weston diner are decent for breakfast, not too expensive.
I totally forgot about IKEA- I take my 3 year old when the others are at school for free coffee! We should meet for meatballs sometime!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area