Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 07:06 PM

17 posts, read 109,771 times

Advertisements

My family and I just moved to Miramar a couple of months ago, I can not believe how hard it is to find a black hair salon. We live off of Miramar Pkwy, west of Interstate 75. Are there any black hair salons in this area or near by. If so, share the name of the salon and it's locations. Thanks Alot!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 07:49 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,011,996 times
drive east to Miramar Pkwy and look around. Once you get past Palm Ave....look in the different shopping centers right off Miramar PKWY. Moderator cut: off-topic

Last edited by fauve; 10-23-2009 at 11:31 PM..

Old 10-24-2009, 09:57 PM

259 posts, read 837,058 times
Like Heydade said, head East and you might even be able to grab a beef patty while youre looking around. I like Paradise Unisex Salon-University and Riviera Blvd (7992 Riviera Boulevard,Miramar,FL 33023). They do a nice job, very friendly, reasonable prices and it's just a stone's throw away from you.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:30 AM

17 posts, read 109,771 times
Thanks a lot heydade and nikki9947. We, recently, moved from the state of Texas.
We are both originally from Mississippi, so we knew our next move would be somewhere in the South. -What can I say- we both liked the warmer, climate states.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:06 PM

8 posts, read 96,930 times
what sort of hairstyle are you looking to get?

Old 12-02-2009, 03:05 AM

4 posts, read 51,230 times
Question help :)

Im looking for a black hair dresser in the Fort lauderdale area (North Lauderdale, Tamarac, Coral Springs, Margate, etc) Just to go get a cut nothing to special. I dont really like hair dressers cause they talk ALOT & ask why your hair is this & this, i understand their looking out for my best interest. But besides that i just want my hair cut, hopefully its not expensive? My hair is relaxed 'black' hair, about neck length, and i wanna get the cut below, still deciding of course. And just be in and out, & not wait around for six hours. Any recommendations & experiences will be appreciated thanks !

Just want something new & fresh without looking back or regreting it .
Attached Thumbnails
HELP!!!Black Hair Salon Please~~~-keyshia_cole_blonde_hair_01.jpg   HELP!!!Black Hair Salon Please~~~-2156-bria-murphy-guccimane.jpg   HELP!!!Black Hair Salon Please~~~-normal_nba0311-2.jpg  

Old 12-02-2009, 09:12 PM

8 posts, read 96,930 times
Esteamor, try this place cuttingimages.net. I've never went there put saw pics of good work on their site.

Sunshine67, I am in the same boat as you. I live in Pembroke Pines (west of I75) and I'm looking for a salon that mainly focus on the maintenance of your hair rather than the styling/finished product. Can someone recommend a place not only in Miramar but perhaps Pembroke Pines as well?

Old 12-08-2009, 05:10 PM

4 posts, read 51,230 times
They look a bit expensive? not trying to break my bank account, Lol.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:36 PM

19 posts, read 61,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteamor View Post
I dont really like hair dressers cause they talk ALOT & ask why your hair is this & this, i understand their looking out for my best interest.
True!! I had to leave my hairdresser of 15 years. I couldn't take anymore. Using different kinds of shampoo, relaxer, crowdiness of the new salon she was renting a booth. I couldn't do it! So I called this one hair stylists whom I knew when I used to work at a printing company. I told her that i need a change and need something new.

I've been going to her since January of this year and my hair feels wonderful; softer then ever before!

But I don't know if you are willing to drive to Hollywood though. Ask for Marie. She's located on Stirling Road and it's called Salon 420. The number to the salon is 1-954-581-3546.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:03 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,011,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki9947 View Post
Like Heydade said, head East and you might even be able to grab a beef patty while youre looking around. I like Paradise Unisex Salon-University and Riviera Blvd (7992 Riviera Boulevard,Miramar,FL 33023). They do a nice job, very friendly, reasonable prices and it's just a stone's throw away from you.
I had the BEST beef patty ( home made...not that junk you find in the gas station convenience stores) in Miramar the other day. It was in a little patty shop on the southeast corner of Miramar pkwy and douglas rd. I was amazed beyond belief how delicious the patty was. Wow is all I can say. If a friend had not ran in and purchased it for me, I would have never know that place existed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area