Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 09:44 PM

149 posts, read 465,734 times

Advertisements

I am 24 years old and have a job interview Wednesday, September 29th in Fort Lauderdale that I am flying down from Maine for. There is obviously no guarantee that I will get the job, but I am hoping for the best and therefore beginning to apartment hunt. Being from Maine, I obviously don't know Fort Lauderdale that well. How big is the city? Could you drive through it for a couple hours or what? Also, what are good places to try and find an apartment in Fort Lauderdale? East, West, downtown?? If I get this job I would be making about $40,000 a year with complete benefits and only having myself to support (no wife or kids and I would be moving alone). Can I find a good one bedroom or studio apartment in Fort Lauderdale for around $800 a month with most of the utilities included? I am currently looking on craigslist and they have some decent apartments listed on there but what other websites can I check out? Really just looking for some friendly advice as this would be an exciting but life changing move. Thanks guys!

-Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 04:09 PM

Advice would really be appreciated guys. I am checking out a place called Cypress Grove apartments in Lauderhill, Florida (right by Fort Lauderdale). I wouldn't mind living in an apartment complex so I can meet other younger people and make new friends.

Old 09-14-2010, 05:11 PM

469 posts, read 1,328,124 times
I don't think Lauderhill will be best-- maybe a nice part of Hollywood?

Old 09-14-2010, 05:56 PM

I know Hollywood is by Fort Lauderdale, but I would like to find a place right in Fort Lauderdale. Is east, west, or downtown fort lauderdale the best? How big is the city of fort lauderdale?

Old 09-14-2010, 10:50 PM

6 posts, read 21,550 times
Check out the tread I made: //www.city-data.com/forum/fort-...essionals.html There is a summary of good areas that I made from reading around here and a couple of good responses. I still haven't decided myself, so if you get any other good leads, let me know.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:03 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,240,908 times
Smile Fort Lauderdale

Personally, I like the NE part of the city. I also like Lauderdale by the Sea.

Where is the job located?

Old 09-15-2010, 08:04 PM

The Job is located on 500 West Cypress Creek Road. All it says is that it is in Fort Lauderdale, Florida with a zipcode of 33309. Anyone know what part of Fort Lauderdale that is?

Old 09-16-2010, 05:14 PM

119 posts, read 316,741 times
Is your job at the executive airport? I'd suggest checking out Margate or Coconut Creek, they have some reasonable prices - I doubt you will find anything in Fort Lauderdale for $800. And Lauderhill is nasty.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:20 PM

Can someone tell me how big the whole city of Fort Lauderdale is? I search for apartments and I see all this Las Olas, Downtown Fort Lauderdale, East Fort Lauderdale, West Fort Lauderdale, and other things. How long would it take to drive from one end of the city to the other? I am just curious, because if I get the job I want to know if I can look ANYWHERE in the city of Fort Lauderdale or if the area is way too big and I should look right near where my job would be. The Eclipse apartments in downtown Fort Lauderdale look awesome and are under 1,000 a month but I think they are full. Thanks guys!

Old 09-17-2010, 05:05 PM

119 posts, read 316,741 times
Fort Lauderdale is not that big - driving from one end to the other is no problem. But sometimes other towns are considered Fort Lauderdale in rental/real estate literature. here is a general rule - east of Dixie Hwy all the way to the ocean is fine - west of the turnpike is fine - from Dixie to the turnpike is BAD! (except for Wilton Manors) I'd suggest using google maps and finding a place within 10 miles.

Keep in mind that most downtown apartments charge $100 or more for parking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area