Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2010, 12:43 PM

1 posts, read 6,061 times

Advertisements

We are moving from Dallas to South Florida and can live anywhere in the region. I am searching for some good options for family friendly neighborhoods with great schools. Any suggestions on communities to check out? We have a decent housing budget and could go to $800K if we needed to. Thank you for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 02:04 PM

995 posts, read 3,930,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbigham View Post
We are moving from Dallas to South Florida and can live anywhere in the region. I am searching for some good options for family friendly neighborhoods with great schools. Any suggestions on communities to check out? We have a decent housing budget and could go to $800K if we needed to. Thank you for your help!
Search "Weston" in this forum.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:46 PM

423 posts, read 1,643,258 times
It depends a lot upon your taste and needs... At that price point you can live closer to the beach, schools are not the best but I am sure you will be sending them to Private schools so that should not be an issue. This will put you within minutes to beach, downtown, restaurants, nightlife etc.

If you want public schools and lots of land with no restriction from the 'Home owner associations', I would suggest Western parts of Davie, Plantation or Southwest Ranches.... Good public schools, large suburban homes.

As previous poster mentioned Weston is also a good choice however just about everything is inside the gated community so you will have to live by association rules and regulations... not a bad choice. Just a different lifestyle. I would suggest you seriously think about where you work and try to find the reasonably closer areas so you can save time on commute and enjoy that time with the family and friends.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:13 PM

1 posts, read 5,892 times
I'm the other way around moving from Miami to Dallas!! I will tell you Pincerest, Coral Gables or South Miami if you are moving to Miami not sure in Broward. Any recommendations on Dallas need a kid friendly neighborhood but also close to Restaurants? Good luck!

Old 10-11-2010, 06:45 AM

154 posts, read 552,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbigham View Post

I would have to suggest Parkland and Coral Springs. They have highly rated public schools. Fantastic neighborhoods and great amenities around.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:00 AM

226 posts, read 483,516 times
Default Great neighborhoods in south Florida

Davie,Weston,sunrise,plantation.in Davie check out fox trail and indian ridge schools. There are top rated

Old 07-02-2012, 11:56 PM

142 posts, read 439,744 times
Funny! We are looking at moving to either Dallas or the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area!!

So far, our opinion and draw has been to Weston. My understanding is it's a bit higher price there, but the schools appear to be great (and public, so free), a few neighborhoods seem very family friendly (we have 3 kids) and the crime rating seems favorable ( I'm guessing the gates communities help in that!)

We have yet to visit, planning to do that in the coming weeks, but we think Weston will be our first stop. I wish we could go a bit more north as I've heard Parkland mentioned a bunch, but my husband's potential new job is the opposite direction!

Old 07-03-2012, 07:09 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,828,936 times
Weston

Old 07-03-2012, 09:11 AM

3,237 posts, read 3,196,331 times
I live in Weston and I would say that it is definitely family-friendly. Lots of parks and the schools have good ratings. Although no city is totally crime-free, it is considered a low crime area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area