Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 08:03 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,593,366 times

Advertisements

Police in Plantation, Florida, say ex-Marine within his rights to shoot armed robbers in Subway: South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2007, 08:15 PM

61 posts, read 225,634 times
that was awesome, i hope they release the video on youtube

Old 06-30-2007, 09:07 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,661,654 times
If they did point a gun at him they he has ever right to shoot them down.

Being an ex Marine has nothing to do with it, but the media will use it probably against him knowing there liberal mindset and how they do not like the military.

I say he did the right thing if the story is correct and they were armed.

He, you or I has every right to protect ourselves from thugs like these two in any manner you see fit to protect yourself.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:00 PM
gym

4 posts, read 16,903 times
In florida they recently extended the "castle doctrine" to include any and all parts of your property, including the exterior of your home, and your vechicle. This was put through the Florida legislature not to long ago with a strong vote and signed by Jebb Bush.If you are a law abiding citizen of the USA, you have nothing to fear. The bad guys already have the guns, and are not giving them back ever. Now the good folks of FL, can protect their homes, Property and loved ones, without fear that the SOB that broke into their kids bedroom, is going to sue for getting shot. After 35 yrs of carrying a legal weapon, it's not a big deal to me, having been the victim of a home invasion and a car jacking, and still am around to talk about it. Those who find firearms distastefull have probablly never been victim to a crime where someone was about to kill them or a family member. I for one will never give another druged out freak the oppertunity to decide if I or my loved ones live or die, it only takes a split second for something bad to happen, at least you have a chance to act, instead of being at the mercy of a criminal.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:34 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,189,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post

Being an ex Marine has nothing to do with it, but the media will use it probably against him knowing there liberal mindset and how they do not like the military.

He, you or I has every right to protect ourselves from thugs like these two in any manner you see fit to protect yourself.
The most sicking part of the article are the quotes from the robbers family members. They accept "NO" responsibility what so ever and only make excuses. They probably knew they had a killer living in the household and did nothing about it. I also have a concealed weapon permit have since they first offered them and often carried a gun even when it wasn't legal. Let me tell you as far as I'm concerned you need one.

Just yesterday we are working in the yard and two bums looking like they were fresh out of jail walked by and stopped looking down our driveway at us. One yelled something about needing a job, I didn't answer and after about a minute of us looking at each other they moved on, but these guys looked real scary, but I look a little scary myself, I look like a biker. My gun was only a few yards away and I went straight to it till they left.

My mother-in-law is always complaining about the way I look and tells my wife to cut my hair and beard. To be honest, my look is an asset, no one ever panhandles us or bothers with us at all if we are out. I like it that way.

Here is the original thread I started on the story
//www.city-data.com/forum/flori...t-justice.html

Old 06-30-2007, 10:39 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,295,611 times
I often lean toward the liberal side of an issue but not on this one.

I for one feel this man did society a favor. The people he shot, got what they deserved AND he saved the taxpayer the cost of a trial AND their upkeep.

It doesn't happen often enough...people going into places like this, Subway or wherever need to start fearing a normal everyday person just might be carrying a weapon and his/her face will be the last one the idiot sees.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:13 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
Something good about Florida, citizens taking aim at crime!

Old 06-30-2007, 11:50 PM

61 posts, read 225,634 times
i know this shopkeeper from the middle east, he says if you are caught stealing they chop your pinky off, next offense it is another finger, next offense it is your hand.

He told me the jails are empty over there, i wonder why???

Old 07-01-2007, 12:14 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,272,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post

Screw just pointing a gun at him....if they are in there with bandanas on thier face even with a gun just in thier hand they should be killed

Old 07-01-2007, 01:04 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,653,487 times
Good for him and good for society.

Good for Mr Lovell. There was no hesitation. Kudos to you sir and thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area