U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2010, 09:46 AM

23 posts, read 62,841 times

Advertisements

I previously posted this in the Miami thread, but wanted to post here as well. My husband and I are moving to the area (Aventura) in a few weeks. He works for the government and already has a job, while I will be needing one. I have great references and have worked in retail, banking, and call centers. How difficult will it be for me to find a job SOON? I am not too picky, just need to make at least 10 bucks an hour, I don't mind entry level jobs.Is the job market better in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale? Any info would be appreciated!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 04:55 PM

3,911 posts, read 8,922,361 times
anjie>

Hard in general, but it depends what field. Also, there was a recent article in some magazine that ranked Miami is one of the top 50 places to find a job. Fort Lauderdale wasn't even on the list. But you can live in Ft. Lauderdale and commute to Miami. It is the same metro area really.

Old 09-18-2010, 03:12 PM

23 posts, read 58,251 times
Try Comcast. Right off I-75, OK starting pay, great benefits including free cable/internet, and gym.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:49 AM

469 posts, read 1,264,558 times
I just got a part-time job at Whole foods (build a profile online and apply to various positions). I like the complany culture and I like that I can move up to full-time and move up with the company when I'm ready!

Old 09-20-2010, 10:40 AM

23 posts, read 62,841 times
Thanks for the replies! How long is the commute if I live in Aventura and work in Miami (central or downtown)? Is is totally insane?? I don't mind spending 45 minutes to an hour, but need to factor that in to where I am applying.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:54 PM

3,911 posts, read 8,922,361 times
anjiepants>

Commute from Aventura to downtown Miami can vary quite a bit depending on traffic. You will have to take either US1 or I-95. Both are a pain in morning and afternoon rush hours. I-95 will probably move faster, but it might take you a while to get to/from I-95 from wherever you live in Aventura. US1 has an eternity of stoplights between Aventura and downtown.

Miami is a big place, so "central" is meaningless. Imagine a large square-shape geographic area and that is greater Miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area