Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 7,277 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
I just moved to South Florida from Europe. I have an unlocked iPhone which I would like to activate, and unfortunately can't use my American favorite Verizon. Of the other providers, who has the best coverage in Fort Lauderdale/Miami? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks from a new neighbor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 08:21 PM

1 posts, read 7,274 times
I have had pretty good luck with Altel. I don't know if it supports the iphone though. Currently I am with Boost Mobile.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:15 AM

328 posts, read 1,390,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBluvr View Post
Hello all,
I just moved to South Florida from Europe. I have an unlocked iPhone which I would like to activate, and unfortunately can't use my American favorite Verizon. Of the other providers, who has the best coverage in Fort Lauderdale/Miami? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks from a new neighbor.
If you want to use an iPhone in America, it currently works ONLY on AT&T. A lot of people in South Florida have the iPhone, but there are a ton of dropped calls. I myself switched to the iPhone for 3 days, dropped 7 calls, and promptly returned it and ported back over to Verizon.

Verizon, in my opinion, is the best. Sprint would be a far second to them.

FYI, in America, the four real cell phone providers are T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, and AT&T. Companies like Boost Mobile, Cricket, MetroPCS, etc. are MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operators), which means that they lease the cell tower space off of the network. For example, Boost Mobile uses the Sprint network. Your Boost Phone would only get service where Sprint gets Service.

My advice? Go with Verizon Wireless. After living down here for over a year, I have only had one dropped call, and that was in Central Florida on the Turnpike driving on the highway through the middle of nowhere. If you choose to use your iPhone with AT&T, be prepared for a lot of static and dropped calls.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:42 AM

153 posts, read 247,299 times
Not to mention that Verizon now has phones that meke the iPhone look like a toy.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:51 PM

50 posts, read 81,652 times
Anyway try both ATT and Verizon in S. Florida, especially near A1A/Federal ?

I would feel Verizon has best coverage nationwide however in S. Florida, I believe AT&T may win

Curious if anyone has first hand feedback

Old 08-04-2019, 07:29 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,603,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsnyc View Post
Anyway try both ATT and Verizon in S. Florida, especially near A1A/Federal ?

I would feel Verizon has best coverage nationwide however in S. Florida, I believe AT&T may win

Curious if anyone has first hand feedback

I'm sure a lot has changed in TEN YEARS since this thread started...

Old 08-05-2019, 06:43 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,409,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post

Old 08-15-2019, 04:36 PM

50 posts, read 81,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post

Ok. So whoever responds now will respond with their service experience now, I am sure they wont be talking about their service 10 years ago

Old 08-15-2019, 05:37 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,603,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsnyc View Post
Ok. So whoever responds now will respond with their service experience now, I am sure they wont be talking about their service 10 years ago
Ok

Old 09-12-2019, 11:45 AM

5 posts, read 4,877 times
I have boost mobile and I think it's just fine. I doubt it's the best but it's cheap as hell and works fine all around for me. I'm originally from maryland but live down here now. Good thing to know... dont leave your phone in the sun cause that **** will FRRRRRRYYYY. MY BROTHER DID THAT **** LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area