Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 03:58 AM

911 posts, read 1,713,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I will never understand the hatred of NYers on the South Florida forums.

I'm a Midwestener who lived in NYC for a few years, and loved NYers.
I never understood that either. I am originally from Dallas, Tx and love Nyer's too. When I read Sofo was full of NYer's it made me want to come more not less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 02:09 PM

2 posts, read 7,044 times
I wouldnt move to hollywood if i were u! there is so many crackheads and criminals, cheap hotels that attract hookers and pimps amongst many other crazies. filled with homeless people in alleys. I havebeen there for not even 6 months and my house has been broken into twice!

Old 01-10-2011, 02:10 PM

2 posts, read 7,044 times
Default victoria park?

im thinking of Victoria Park or Wilton manors>

Old 01-11-2011, 01:44 AM

911 posts, read 1,713,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastin View Post
I wouldnt move to hollywood if i were u! there is so many crackheads and criminals, cheap hotels that attract hookers and pimps amongst many other crazies. filled with homeless people in alleys. I havebeen there for not even 6 months and my house has been broken into twice!

So sorry to hear that, you must be completely traumatized.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:30 AM

26 posts, read 74,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastin View Post
Someone please respond! I am in the process of buying a small house on Fillmore Street, the 2400 block. I am becoming a little wary of the crime statistics in Hollywood. I live in New York and am back here during the 15 day contract period while the inspection is being done. I can still back out and I want some advice from someone who knows. My grown children are concerned that I will not be safe. The house is in walking distance to City Hall and the smaller Hollywood Blvd. circle. Please, someone talk to me about the neighborhood. It's called Hollywood Little Ranches.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:34 AM

Default Hollywood "Little Ranches"

I am in the process of buying a small house on Fillmore Street, in the 2400 block. The neighborhood is called "Hollywood Little Ranches." I am being told the crime statistics are bad and that I may not be safe there. I am still in the 15 day contract period when I can back out. I live in NY and am back here during the inspection, etc. Someone who knows Hollywood, please respond and advise. Much appreciated.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:48 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemary67 View Post
I am in the process of buying a small house on Fillmore Street, in the 2400 block. The neighborhood is called "Hollywood Little Ranches." I am being told the crime statistics are bad and that I may not be safe there. I am still in the 15 day contract period when I can back out. I live in NY and am back here during the inspection, etc. Someone who knows Hollywood, please respond and advise. Much appreciated.
Hmm...that area is somewhere between marginal and unacceptable. It is west of Dixie Hwy which is generally to be avoided. That block is okay but it's VERY close to trouble spots. It's also a bit far from the beach or downtown to ride any gentrification wave that may come. I would back out and look either east of US1 or in some areas west of 95, and still be cautious when looking in these areas.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:03 AM
vr2

224 posts, read 802,537 times
Absolutely back out. Compelled to reply said it right, it's marginal to unacceptable at best. There are loads of small 10 unit type apartment buildings that are basically the lowest income folks in the county. It's extremely poor and dilapidated in that area and only declining further.

I was actually just down that way over the weekend helping a friend with their house. Go east of US1 if you want to be in Hollywood.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:33 AM

Default Fillmore Street

I did back out of the house on Fillmore Street, and before I read both of your posts, which I thank you for. I figured it out, even though the house itself was charming. I am now looking at the beach area, on the intercoastal, which is a little more reasonable than the beach side. I feel lucky I didn't go through with the house. Thanks again. I'll run the next address by you when I find something else.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:03 PM

Default House on Fillmore

I do want to correct the address of the house I let go on Fillmore Street. It was in the 2500 block, not 2400. The block looked very nice and the homes well tended. However, Hollywood is block by block and when you turn the corner, everything can change. I am glad I did not take the chance. Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area