Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 11:23 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MananaLand View Post
Hey fort lauderdale didn't you notice that I was quoting Derek1's post?

Maybe you should read the complete thread so that you reply to the correct poster
Can we please not argue? I was actually quoting your post about "Whats so great about it?". Can we not hijack this thread?

The mayor just does not like the fact that the amendment limits his ability to raise local property taxes. Thats all there is to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 11:29 AM

98 posts, read 531,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
Can we please not argue? I was actually quoting your post about "Whats so great about it?".
Who's arguing? I corrected you and now you're upset. Please don't incorrectly quote me.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:34 AM

564 posts, read 1,900,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
Those cams are actually for managing the traffic light timing, and they are throughout Broward County.
Guess my friend either didn't know or lied to me.

Either way, they seem to have their act together as a community.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eufo View Post

But they do pay for it..., and the code enforcement is pretty crazy at times. It's not for everyone, we can definitely put it like that. I honestly think his lawsuit will go nowhere.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:54 PM

440 posts, read 1,495,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MananaLand View Post
I don't know enough about Weston to make a judgment, but how would having a bunch of wealthy celebrities living there make it such a great place?

I do not think that was Dereks point ... if it was not a nice place than those celebrities probably would not live there . I do not live there , but I have been there a few times and I thought it was very clean , nice and upscale ... probably not a great place for a single person , but great for families . My sister and her family live there and they love it .

The fact that there mayor is an idiot does not mean the city sucks ... LOL !!

Old 07-10-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Wait a minute, if you compare Southwest Ranches to Weston, the ranches will win on all counts, paws down! That's one of the best areas in Broward County while Weston is a pre-planned, communist style utopia. One of our sales associates lives there and tells me stories about out-of-control code enforcement, while a friend living in Southwest Ranches tells me how he moved there to escape the communism, the government there is less intrusive. Weston homes also tend to be low-quality drywall and ecclectic styles.
tallrick .... a communist system give me a break , cmom get real here . My sis lives there and the strict code enforcement is one of the best reasons to live there .... I for one like order and structure and would prefer not hear salsa music or see burglar bars on the windows of the homes in my neighborhood , purple colored homes homes and nasty landscaping like in Miami Dade or rednecks working on their pickup trucks in their front yards like in Davie or Southwest Ranches . I cannot fault my sister one bit for living in Weston and if I had a family I would live there or in Parkland .

You know you seem like a reasonably intelligent guy , but many of the posts that I see from you are negative and you frequently seem bitter ..... lighten up man life is too short !!!

Be Safe !!!

Old 07-10-2007, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eufo View Post

I agree they do seem to have their act together .... I was stopped by a Weston cop last month for speeding after visiting my sister and the guy let me off with a warning , which was cool but it was his professionalism that impressed me which is something I have never seen in Palm Beach or Dade .

My sister maintains that when you contact city hall or any city services they are right on the problem as well .

Old 07-10-2007, 01:19 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,304,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclehead View Post
My sister maintains that when you contact city hall or any city services they are right on the problem as well .
Do you have to "press 1 for English" when you call them?

Old 07-10-2007, 01:56 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,134,209 times
Yeah Weston is pretty sterile and boring. I agree that having a handful of local celeberties does not a paradise make. It is also very cookie cutter and homogeneous.

Good post Tallrick! Ignore the troll!

Old 07-10-2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
Yeah Weston is pretty sterile and boring. I agree that having a handful of local celeberties does not a paradise make. It is also very cookie cutter and homogeneous.

Good post Tallrick! Ignore the troll!
It's cookie cutter, without question, but its far from ethnically homogeneous. It does seems strange that they can have decent high school graduation rates, leave their doors unlocked type of safety, and not be a long distance from the far less sterile places. Kind of like suburban areas in a lot of other cities...

Last edited by scirocco22; 07-29-2007 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: poster requested edit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area