U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 07:59 PM

13 posts, read 27,134 times

Advertisements

I just found a place in this area east of federal highway near broward blvd. is this area a nice place to live?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 08:12 AM

6,993 posts, read 16,022,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior40 View Post
I just found a place in this area east of federal highway near broward blvd. is this area a nice place to live?
Nice and quiet. North side has a homosexual community and the south side, not so much. Nice park in this area, they had problems with men soliciting each other for sex in this place but they cracked down on that. Depending on where you live the downtown is a few minutes walk. Last year they had a problem with stray pit bulls attacking people in that area and a few other communities around the downtown. That was taken care of too. also some of the homes were being used by squatters, not sure if that is still the case. Also they have a small Hasidim community in there too.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:41 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,107,566 times
Sure, you're near the best part of Las Olas. And, if you work downtown, you have no commute.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:49 PM

427 posts, read 755,097 times
If I could pick any place in Ft. Lauderdale to live, it would be Victoria Park. You'll love it.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:51 PM

2,113 posts, read 4,625,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior40 View Post
Victoria Park is a safe beautiful area to live that is near the water and Las Olas Blvd .

Old 12-02-2010, 12:56 PM

13 posts, read 27,134 times
cool thanks guys its on NE 7th Ave 5 blacks from broward/las olas which is where i work. I live right off of sunrise blvd in the ghetto so im assuming this area is better

Old 12-03-2010, 11:47 AM

1,108 posts, read 1,212,725 times
Junior, Victoria Park is a residential quarter of Fort Lauderdale in the middle of the city. It is pretty safe , quite and close to everythig the city of Fort Lauderdale have to offer to the residents and visitors. Old Florida style can be foud in the architecture of Victoria Park with beautifull homes built in the early decades of last century. I am sure you will feel pleasant in Victoria Park.

Old 12-06-2010, 02:07 AM

139 posts, read 320,653 times
Victoria Park is absolutely wonderful. We lived there while looking for permanent housing, unfortunately we couldn't afford to stay in VP when we moved to 3 bedroom/2 bath but we always felt safe there, walked to Las Olas, walked the dog at 3am with no problems. One of the best places I've ever lived.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:25 PM

216 posts, read 393,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagreeneyes03 View Post
Victoria Park is absolutely wonderful. We lived there while looking for permanent housing, unfortunately we couldn't afford to stay in VP when we moved to 3 bedroom/2 bath but we always felt safe there, walked to Las Olas, walked the dog at 3am with no problems. One of the best places I've ever lived.

I've actually been seeing some nice deals on small (like 2/2 or 2/1) SF homes in Vic Par at around 250,000 - which is a good deal for that area (now...) .

From my understanding Virginia Shuman Montessori is very highly rated as an elementary school. And, all of the Victoria Park neighborhood is zoned for automatic admission to Shuman - right?

But what about the middle school and high school serving the area? What do folks do - just send the kids to private school following Shuman?

Old 02-07-2011, 01:17 PM

19 posts, read 45,279 times
Im looking at a house w pool on NE 4th Street near 8th Ave. Is this considered Victoria Park?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area