U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-29-2010, 08:38 AM
 
5 posts, read 10,884 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

We are a young non-spanish speaking couple (30's) with a newborn who will be moving to South Florida from Maryland next year. I will be working close to North Miami, FL. We have researched the area a bit, but can still use some help. what we are looking for:
-Rental Community (3br, Price range up to $2000/month), Would love to get a resort style community with pool etc...
-Community that is socially concious (organic food, yoga studios etc.)
-Not too long (max 30 min) commute to North Miami area
-Safety is very important.
- Good Elementary school system

I know this may be asking too much. But we are trying our best to find an area where we can call home. We would prefer to live NORTH of Miami probably in Broward county. We will likey be in S. florida for 3-4 years.

Thank you all much.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-29-2010, 10:35 AM
 
8,376 posts, read 29,238,497 times
Reputation: 2405
Aventura (which is acutally in Miami-Dade County) probably has the closest resemblance to what you are looking for, although I'm not sure I would call most areas in South Florida "socially conscious" in that regard.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2010, 11:23 AM
 
2,113 posts, read 4,747,464 times
Reputation: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkst38 View Post
We are a young non-spanish speaking couple (30's) with a newborn who will be moving to South Florida from Maryland next year. I will be working close to North Miami, FL. We have researched the area a bit, but can still use some help. what we are looking for:
-Rental Community (3br, Price range up to $2000/month), Would love to get a resort style community with pool etc...
-Community that is socially concious (organic food, yoga studios etc.)
-Not too long (max 30 min) commute to North Miami area
-Safety is very important.
- Good Elementary school system

I know this may be asking too much. But we are trying our best to find an area where we can call home. We would prefer to live NORTH of Miami probably in Broward county. We will likey be in S. florida for 3-4 years.

Thank you all much.
Look in Plantation west of University .... there are some health food stores and a Whole Foods as well as several yoga studios .. many parks , activities , etc , etc .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2010, 05:29 PM
 
Location: Broward County, South Florida
137 posts, read 394,256 times
Reputation: 42
Look into Sunset Lakes, West Miramar for your resort style community with pool. its gorgeous. with the housing the way it is, you can probably find a rental for 2K. good elementary schools also.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2011, 09:48 PM
 
Location: Seattle, WA
2,975 posts, read 4,509,795 times
Reputation: 1214
Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Aventura (which is acutally in Miami-Dade County) probably has the closest resemblance to what you are looking for, although I'm not sure I would call most areas in South Florida "socially conscious" in that regard.
If your job is close to US1, I'd definitely recommend Aventura more than Broward due to the commute. Since traffic really only gets bad within 125th, it should take you only 15 minutes during peak hours, which is a miracle commute around here! Traffic is usually bad getting across the county line, you may be hard pressed to make it within 25-30 mins in most of Broward. Oh, and by the way, many parts of Aventura are actually WALKABLE (in a FL way, mind you).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2011, 11:30 AM
 
8,376 posts, read 29,238,497 times
Reputation: 2405
US1 can also suck anywhere between Hallandale Beach Blvd to 183rd St, morning and afternoon. Anywhere south of that point is just about perfect, and as an added benefit you will probably catch every green light too. The further south in Aventura, the better. If you are going west of US1, there is an abundance of quick side roads that you can take to get anywhere in North Miami from Aventura.

Last edited by compelled to reply; 01-06-2011 at 11:38 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2011, 01:42 PM
 
5 posts, read 10,884 times
Reputation: 10
Thanks guys. I am wondering if any rental communities in pembrok pines or cooper city or weston may be worth it. How would the commute to North Miami be. I am nervous about being in an unsafe area with a 4 month old child. Also, would there be more traffic coming from south (coral gables area) or from north if I am going to North Miami. Thanks so very much....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2011, 04:24 PM
 
8,376 posts, read 29,238,497 times
Reputation: 2405
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkst38 View Post
Thanks guys. I am wondering if any rental communities in pembrok pines or cooper city or weston may be worth it. How would the commute to North Miami be. I am nervous about being in an unsafe area with a 4 month old child. Also, would there be more traffic coming from south (coral gables area) or from north if I am going to North Miami. Thanks so very much....
Coral Gables is probably about 45 minutes from North Miami at rush hour, but could be anywhere from 30 on a lucky day to over an hour on a bad day. You will be fighting the traffic up US1 going into downtown Miami, although it is smooth sailing from there. You also wont find much in the way of apartment complexes.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top