U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2011, 02:06 PM

6,931 posts, read 10,804,605 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to know what are the cheapest ways and cheapest deals to travel from Florida this time of year? I found out a while ago that my summer this year may consist of ALOT of traveling. So I wanted to know what are the best airlines and cheapest deals out there? I might be moving to the Fort Lauderdale area soon enough. And I'm going to be traveling to TX, AZ, and CA. I'm having a hard time finding good deals.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 08:20 PM

6,853 posts, read 20,669,919 times
Moving this to the Ft. Lauderdale section for you.

FLL has Jet Blue and Virgin that have direct flights to California each day. American out of Miami also has direct flights to California. Not sure about the other two states as I don't fly to them.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:44 PM

392 posts, read 1,156,706 times
Southwest Airlines flies Ft. Lauderdale to Dallas (Love Field Airport); Houston (Hobby Airport); and El Paso Texas..... They also fly to Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco and Phoenix..... The good thing is they don't charge for baggage......

Look into Continental and Air Tran as well....

If you're going to do alot of flying... look for an airline that you can use most of the time and sign up for their air miles.....

Old 02-03-2011, 02:53 PM

9 posts, read 21,071 times
A great site is airfarewatchdog.com where you can set it to a specific airport and daily or weekly they will e-mail you deals. I have seen some great deals from ATL, MCO, and MIA out of that. Fort Lauderdale probably has some decent deals too with Spirit flying in there as well as Southwest

Old 02-18-2011, 03:05 PM

492 posts, read 1,296,052 times
Default Not for Southwest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VentoGT View Post
A great site is airfarewatchdog.com where you can set it to a specific airport and daily or weekly they will e-mail you deals. I have seen some great deals from ATL, MCO, and MIA out of that. Fort Lauderdale probably has some decent deals too with Spirit flying in there as well as Southwest
You have to go to their website to get prices for Southwest flights

Old 02-19-2011, 12:22 AM

4,311 posts, read 6,570,693 times
Travelling From Florida? Easy - book a cruise and drive yourself to the cruise port.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area