Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 05:26 AM

154 posts, read 552,352 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Can anyone help locate the dog parks in Fort Lauderdale? I heard there is one near the airport where I can take my dog off-leash. Are there any near Coral Springs?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 07:10 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,188,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southfl1 View Post
Hi,
Are there any near Coral Springs?

Thanks!
Actually, there is one on the border of Coral Springs and Tamarac along Southgate Rd just west of University Dr. Also, I think there is one in Markham Park. (sp?) out there by the Sawgrass.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:19 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,048,150 times
Yes, there is one in west coral springs...right across from the Sportsplex. Take sample all the way west and make a left onto Sportsplex drive. Go down a little bit and make a left into the parking lot. I'ts hard to see from the sportsplex drive...but it's there. Used to take my dogs there all the time. Very nice park

Old 08-29-2009, 11:56 AM

157 posts, read 487,491 times
Snyder park(3299 S.W. 4th ave. Ft. Lauderdale) is the dog park near the airport. Also there is a swimming lake for the dogs, but they won`t let owners swim with their dogs.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:19 AM

154 posts, read 552,352 times
Wow thanks, I'll have to check out a couple of those...My dog just loves dog parks but we've never been to any in Fort Lauderdale.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:38 PM

355 posts, read 1,583,006 times
Barkham Park at Markham Park in Sunrise.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:51 PM

Default Rough handling of guide dog. Just venting.

While leaving the doctors, I saw an elderly man with his guide dog in valet parking. The valet drove up in a large SUV. The valet then opened the tailgate. The man clearly had a disability. He was a large man with an unsteady gate, rather portly like his dog. the dog was a beautiful yellow lab with a docile nature. the dog had a chock chain,leather lead and a chest harness. In the harness the dog was carrying what appeared to be medical equipment. The owner and dog walked to the vehicle. The dog walked by his owners side keeping the owner on course. The owner seemed to growl at his dog while walking to the vehicle. At the tailgate He told his dog to "get up" into the vehicle in a harsh manner. The dog was unable to jump high enough to get into the SUV on the first try. The owner yelled at his dog to "get up" over and over again and choked his dog constantly until the dog just barely made it inside the vehicle. The dog looked confused and hurt. I was taken aback by the dog and its rough handling since I am a dog affectionado. I just have never seen such a well behaved working dog treated so poorly. I know this thread is pointless, but I just had to vent. Thanx

Old 08-31-2009, 05:29 PM

Happy tails dog park at Seminole park in Plantation. 6600 S.W. 16th Street. This is as big and nice as Barkham dog park at Markham County park.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:25 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,188,149 times
Now that I read your post, I see dog parks all the time. LOL.

I found another one down McNab Rd. and SW 83 Ave. This is in North Lauderdale.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,673 times
@harttogo - I wish you had gotten the man's tag # & reported him. I'm sure there is a way to find out where he got the guide dog from.
@southfl1 - there are ALOT of dog parks in Broward County. If you type in Dog Park + Broward County or visit this website - [url=http://www.publicdogparks.com/floridadp_008.htm]Broward County Dog Parks[/url]
I am sure there are others around that are not listed but it's a start
Have a Great Day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area