Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2011, 04:59 PM

9 posts, read 17,728 times

Advertisements

Hi Folks

We’re moving over from the UK to Florida for September and I have figured that Coral Springs will be a good place to start. My wife and I have a 4yr old boy so our main priority is to find a good neighbourhood with a good school for him and lots of activities to keep him amused. Wife will need to be near parks, school, shops and restaurants.

We’ll be looking to rent a 2/3 bedroom house in a nice area that’s also convenient get to airport and beach.

Would be looking for suggestions if anybody has the time and also any suggestions on renting (maybe furnished). If you have a suitable place to rent I’d be interested in seeing some pics.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 08:30 AM

622 posts, read 1,664,739 times
Hi and welcome! Check out craigslist for starters. Not sure what your price range will be, but you'll be able to get a good idea on what you can afford from there. Also, areas will be ruled out based on what you can and can't afford, so that will help narrow it down.

craigslist: broward county classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

Also, check out Find Real Estate Listings, School and Neighborhood Information and More - Realtor.com® and look up rentals for Coral Springs, FL. It's also known as Pompano Beach, FL according to the post office, but most listings should be under Coral Springs.

The beach is a bit of a drive (you'll be taking Sawgrass Expressway to SW 10th St to the beach, or you can take any one of the feeder roads in, such as Sample Rd, Atlantic, Commercial Blvd. The airport is in Fort Lauderdale, and is about 30-40 min away, depending on where you end up settling. Here's a link to google maps.

coral springs, fl - Google Maps

Old 02-27-2011, 01:29 PM

143 posts, read 415,842 times
Hi
You may want to check out Heron Bay in Coral Springs. There are lots of rentals, nice bike paths, community pool inside the community. Right outside the gates is a smaller, basic shopping center and a nice park with a YMCA is down the road.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:16 AM

351 posts, read 1,126,507 times
^ ^ ^

I'd be wary of Heron Bay - that's the community that had many homes built with tainted drywall.

Also, I'd be VERY careful in general in renting any single family home which was purchased or built since 2003 or so. The risk is that you'd lose your home and security deposits if the owner is foreclosed.

I would recommended having an attorney review the lease and make sure it protects your family in that event.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:47 PM

143 posts, read 415,842 times
Come and see before you decide against it, Heron Bay did have drywall issues but only for houses built during a certain period (2006). These homes are pretty obvious for awhile now - houses empty/smell etc. as it has been 5+ years. I know lots of renters like myself here, who moved & did not want to commit to a mortgage. Use a reputable realtor it is always disclosed, it can be tested for if you have concerns & you can put deposit into to escrow account. Across the street is Parkland Reserve where they are building townhouses that are supposed to be very nice. There may be some rentals in there too.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:25 AM

9 posts, read 14,366 times
What is wrong with the dry wall? Just curious. I was looking at a house in Parkland and the description said "Chinese Dryall." Is this what you are referring to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area