U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 09:45 AM

361 posts, read 569,925 times

Advertisements

Anyone know what is being built? Kinda looks like an extra exit lane to Miramar Parkway eastbound, but looks like they are grading right past where the on-ramp from the Turnpike Extension joins I-75. Haven't heard about anything.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 10:46 AM

392 posts, read 1,148,211 times
Probably doing the Miramar Exit they same as they did for the Pines Blvd. exit

Old 03-31-2011, 09:55 AM

389 posts, read 956,608 times
I hope not! I live in Pines but normally get off on Miramar pkwy if coming from the south just to avoid all those lights on the Pines exit.

I think it was real stupid to add all those lights.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:47 PM

3,913 posts, read 8,382,637 times
My least favorite area of Broward County to drive through is Pines Blvd around I-75. That area is a nightmare. I'll take Fort Lauderdale driving any day over that.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:34 AM

389 posts, read 956,608 times
I just don't understand the reasoning behind all those traffic lights. It made things worse.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:28 PM

I think the main idea behind the redoing of the Pines Blvd/I-75 intersection was "traffic calming". Before, the off-ramps from 75 onto Pines were uncontrolled, so the exiting traffic would just barge off and then have to merge with the Pines traffic, which caused delays and sometimes accidents. This way, there are no conflicts. The tradeoff is delays at parts of the intersection where there weren't any previously. Maybe if ppl drove better around here, they wouldn't have had to remake the intersection

If this is what they are doing at Miramar, I don't know if the traffic at that intersection has risen to the level where those measures need to be taken. I have lived in Miramar (south of Miramar Pkwy on Dykes Road) and eastbound on Miramar Pkwy getting to I-75 could be a bear in the morning rush. Fortunately, I usually left early enough (6:30-6:45 AM) where it wasn't really a problem. Thing is, it looks like they are preparing supports to hold up an elevated roadway? This is south of the Bass Creek Road overpass. Guess we'll find out eventually.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:02 PM

141 posts, read 366,350 times
Could be the long anticipated Pembroke Road overpass.

Old 04-09-2011, 04:39 PM

3,913 posts, read 8,382,637 times
There is a flawed concept that if you make an interchange with off-ramps larger using more land and wider medians, that it somehow improves traffic flow. There is actually such a thing as being too spread out with too many medians and traffic lights. I believe that is the flaw with the Pines Blvd area.

I've always believed Pines Blvd should have been designed as a high-speed expressway which would have alleviated many of the issues today. They just didn't fully anticipate the huge population boom 20 years ago.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffeer View Post
Could be the long anticipated Pembroke Road overpass.
Maybe, though this location is south of Miramar Pkwy, Pembroke Road is north. However, they really need to get Pembroke Road overpass built, it would take a lot of pressure off Miramar Pkwy and Pines Blvd. But with the bad economy, that probably won't happen for years.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:00 PM

2,680 posts, read 5,744,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
They just didn't fully anticipate the huge population boom 20 years ago.

They never do. These people are idiots. They allow developers to build thousands of houses, withouth anticipation of a huge population following? They should clearly not be in charge of making decisions.

They build houses and businesses all over, but fail to implement sensible public transportation, and better roadways. I'm not surprised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area