Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2011, 03:24 PM

40 posts, read 79,834 times

Advertisements

We finally have an offer on a job after a nation wide search and it just so happens to be in our back yard! YEAH!!

I have been lurking long enough to know that these posts must make you guys crazy. I have also been lurking long enough to be confused about the best places to live.

Since everyone has different criteria of what they think is "good" I thought I would list mine and see if anyone could offer any advice. Also, I know that you aren't allowed to solicit on this site but if anyone can suggest a realtor/renters agent to use please PM me.

We are looking to rent a 3 bedroom (prefer single family) home that is in a nice but established neighborhood. I love the "old Florida" 1950's style homes. We do have small children but school won't be a factor for another couple of years. My husband is working in Plantation (Sunrise/University area) and we don't want much more than a 20 minute commute. We are a diverse family and liberal in our thinking. Nearby parks would be a bonus and of course a "lower" crime area (I lived in Memphis for 10 years so.....). All of this and a price tag of around $1600. Is my wish list too much for the price?

We really would love a vibrant neighborhood that has a mix of everyone and everything.

I look forward to joining your ranks in Broward county and becoming and active member on this board!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 06:41 PM

95 posts, read 214,444 times
The area ard work is wood

So anything south of Sunrise and West of University is generally considered good area.
Start there..North most is Sunrise Blvd and East most as Univ Dr

As you move south west,its good

I have seen 3BR rentals places in and ard 33324 zip code..

Check for Pine Island Ridge(South of 595 and West of Pine Island Rd) which falls under Davie or check plantation with the same zip code

If apt is fine,Atriums on Broward/Pind Island is good,I heard

Old 04-02-2011, 08:09 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
You should be able to find something in the area of Plantation that is east of Hiatus, south of Sunrise. That area is lovely, close to where you will work and the elementary school in that area is good.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:35 AM

40 posts, read 79,834 times
Thank you both! We are taking a trek down next Sunday to explore. We really want to pick a neighborhood that we will eventually buy in.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:32 PM

423 posts, read 1,642,548 times
You won't go wrong with the area suggested earlier. Specially if you find something closer to Broward Blvd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area