U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 01:12 PM

21 posts, read 42,051 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a venue near Weston for my daughter's 4th birthday. I called TAG Gymnastics and they are booked the weekend we are looking at. I also checked out The Little Gym in Pembroke Pines, but their parties start at $350. Outrageous! I'd love to avoid Chuck-E-Cheese, but don't know of other suitable party locations.

Any input would be great. Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 06:45 PM

7 posts, read 22,010 times
Young at Art Children's Museum on SR 84 in Davie put on great birthday parties and lots of fun for kids

Old 04-20-2011, 06:20 AM

1,076 posts, read 2,091,119 times
I have thrown birthday parties in south florida for my daughter since she was born. Although $350 is expensive, its not unreasonable. Most places will run you about that. And if you do a park bday, it can be close to that amount with food, decor, and drinks or any special bounce houses etc. My Little Gym is an awesome bday party location. By far the best I hosted. They do set up and clean up, its in the a/c and the kids have a blast and its safe. You can probably save some money by doing plain deocorations instead of themed, and possibly having it in your home, picnic style.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:46 AM

351 posts, read 1,015,683 times
I don't have a kid (yet) but it perplexes me why people go "all out" for a toddler birthday party, when I was a little one we were fine with a backyard party with "pin the tail on the donkey", cake and ice cream Sometimes it seems like it is more about keeping up with the Joneses and impressing the other parents.

When they are a little older, that is when I would consider the skating rink or so forth.

I am having deja vu with this thread, I feel like I must have posted something similar before

Old 04-22-2011, 02:12 PM

65 posts, read 214,885 times
Here are a couple more places some not too far from Weston:

Pump It up! - close to Nova University - just sit back and watch them play!!
Young at Art - already mentioned by overhere -- right off 595
Children's Museum in Fort Lauderdale --
Miramar Regional Park - they have a great water park!!
Busy Bee Kidz - Cooper City

You can also try South Florida Parenting magazine. They have a great web site which is part of the Sun Sentinel and has great party places and ideas.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-22-2011, 04:07 PM

3,757 posts, read 7,829,308 times
Is Color me Mine still there?
Weston YMCA has parties
You can get a coach to do activities and do something at the Regional Parks
Build a Bear at any mall is always a hit.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:00 PM

2,517 posts, read 10,200,740 times
Monkey Joes !! Lots of fun

Old 08-24-2011, 07:09 AM

11,642 posts, read 21,399,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcinfl View Post
I'm looking for a venue near Weston for my daughter's 4th birthday. I called TAG Gymnastics and they are booked the weekend we are looking at. I also checked out The Little Gym in Pembroke Pines, but their parties start at $350. Outrageous! I'd love to avoid Chuck-E-Cheese, but don't know of other suitable party locations.

Any input would be great. Thanks!
How about bowling? Sparez in Davie throws a nice party and bowling parties are usually reasonable.

Edited to add MyGym is fun for kids that age. $350 doesn't seem outrageous to me. By the time you buy food, cake and hire entertainment you will easily exceed that for a party at home.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:12 AM

11,642 posts, read 21,399,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraDog View Post
I don't have a kid (yet) but it perplexes me why people go "all out" for a toddler birthday party, when I was a little one we were fine with a backyard party with "pin the tail on the donkey", cake and ice cream Sometimes it seems like it is more about keeping up with the Joneses and impressing the other parents.

When they are a little older, that is when I would consider the skating rink or so forth.

I am having deja vu with this thread, I feel like I must have posted something similar before
In my experience as a parent it is not a matter of "keeping up with jones" as much as it can be difficult to supervise a large number of preschoolers in your home. It can be easier when you are out in a contained party room somewhere. By the time you order food, a cake, entertainment, etc....it can be cheaper to have the party out anyway. Home parties get expensive quickly.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:18 AM

423 posts, read 1,503,410 times
We are in the same boat and after looking around we booked with Little Gym in Plantation. I b'day part is this week on Sunday (28th). After looking around, we found them to be a better fit for a 4 year old... Price is very high when you consider they include the pizza, juice, paper plate etc for the kids. They also let you bring the food from outside so that can save a bunch.

Our first choice would have been MyGym but they didn't include kiddie food and were a little more money than LittleGym. You can drop by this Sunday if you want to take a look at it first hand... just PM in advance!

PS: We are doing it at Little Gym in Plantation.

Last edited by rkumar3; 08-24-2011 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: additional comments about location
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area