Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 08:44 PM

1 posts, read 3,121 times

Advertisements

I got a interview for a job in West Palm Beach this Tuesday. I'm a mid-20s male professional and I was originally trying to live in Fort Lauderdale for social reasons. It says 50 minute to 1 hour commute FLL to WPB on Google Maps. How bad is that during peak traffic times?

If this commute is too crazy, what cities are in between that you think would be decent for a young person so I could easily get to Fort Lauderdale but also have a better commute.

Thanks so much for any advice you can provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 07:43 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,827,848 times
It's not too bad. Most traffic is between Fort Lauderdale and Miami.

Old 05-30-2011, 10:52 AM

3,910 posts, read 9,470,837 times
Its doable, but is far in terms of mileage and you'll be spend a lot on gas. With gas being at $4/gallon, you'll spend about $25/day worth of gas commuting back and forth.

In terms of where to live in close proximity to Fort Lauderdale nightlife, Fort Lauderdale is obviously the best option. You're not going to save much time living further north without being too far away from nightlife. Pompano Beach is as far north as I'd go to be reasonably close to Las Olas and Fort Lauderdale nightlife. Boca Raton is a very nice area but is a good 30 minutes from Fort Lauderdale nightlife. Deerfield Beach is more elderly and lacks many apartment rental communities. I would probably say look in Pompano Beach or look at Port Royale Apartments which are off US1 in NE Fort Lauderdale. Also check out Lauderdale By The Seas. You could probably rent a nice beach condo there.

I should also mention that West Palm Beach is some decent nightlife. Not as good as Fort Lauderdale but is still fun. Clematis Street has some good bars and is more laid back than Las Olas. Apartment rents are significantly cheaper in the Palm Beach area than Fort Lauderdale/Broward County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area