U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2011, 02:33 PM

3 posts, read 4,358 times

Advertisements

My fiance' and I are moving to the area from Tampa. She has a job in the Port of Miami and I will be working near Cooper City on Sheridan St. We are looking to rent a townhouse or condo. We have been looking for a short while for a good place to live that's relatively in-between and preferably not a high-crime area. I know the traffic is bad, but she is ok with a 45 min commute. Many have told us Aventura, Pembroke Pines, Davie, and Hollywood. We really do not want to live in Miami, so looking for an area around these towns that is pretty safe and has some things to do. Aventura area seems very congested, so we are leaning towards Hollywood. About $2300/mo is our max. Thoughts? Thank you.

Matt
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 06:05 PM

3,912 posts, read 8,696,622 times
g8rnation-

Besides the fact that you are a gator, I will help you out. One cool area to check out is Hallandale Beach which is located between Hollywood and Aventura. You can rent a nice oceanfront condo for that type of money. Hallandale Beach is slightly cheaper than Aventura, but Aventura is nicer. Both areas are congested.

Davie is set up more like a traditional suburb. I would compare it to Brandon located nearby Tampa. The problem with Davie is that it is much much closer to Sheridan Street so your wife will bear the brunt of commuting all the way to the Port of Miami. Your commute will be a non-factor.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:50 PM

4,326 posts, read 6,855,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g8rnation View Post
My fiance' and I are moving to the area from Tampa. She has a job in the Port of Miami and I will be working near Cooper City on Sheridan St. We are looking to rent a townhouse or condo. We have been looking for a short while for a good place to live that's relatively in-between and preferably not a high-crime area. I know the traffic is bad, but she is ok with a 45 min commute. Many have told us Aventura, Pembroke Pines, Davie, and Hollywood. We really do not want to live in Miami, so looking for an area around these towns that is pretty safe and has some things to do. Aventura area seems very congested, so we are leaning towards Hollywood. About $2300/mo is our max. Thoughts? Thank you.

Matt
Look right in Cooper City

Or... I see someone was suggesting Hallandale.

I will suggest Sunny Isles.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:22 PM

392 posts, read 1,175,132 times
Hallandale would be an excellent choice for that kind of money on the ocean as mentioned by Nolefan34. The second would be Aventura but very very congested getting in and out of that area and there are days it's a nightmare

Lastly...... GO GATORS !!!!!!!!

Old 06-15-2011, 07:05 AM

26 posts, read 67,980 times
Default Help! Need advice on purchase of condo in Hollywood

I am about to bid on a condo at the Sun Haven Towers, 1720 Jefferson Street. I almost purchased a house on Fillmore and backed out when I researched the comps and realized it was not a wise investment due to still declining property values in the area. A few posters on this site also commented that it was not a good area and I am grateful for their advice. Please, if anyone knows the complex I am thinking of buying into now, let me know what you think of the area. The street seems nice and I like the proximity to downtown and the beach, but I really don't know much else. I will look forward to any comments and thank you.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:28 PM

6 posts, read 14,957 times
I really like Weston. There are a lot of good areas mixed in all over in Broward. A little scouting around is a good idea. There are some good deals out their for rent and to buy, so it might be a good idea to rent for a while and see if you like the area.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:45 PM

3,912 posts, read 8,696,622 times
All property values are declining right now. Not just downtown Hollywood. If I was buying a house right now, the areas with the most appreciation potential in my opinion are the downtown areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area