Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2011, 09:46 PM

8 posts, read 17,101 times

Advertisements

I'm a guy in his mid 20s looking to move either to downtown fort lauderdale or downtown delray (open to other suggestions, but from what i gather, those are the most "happening" places in broward/palm beach conuties). I'm looking to have a decent social scene, good nightlife options close by and some good looking girls around what's my best bet? how would you compare/contrast those two places, in terms or demographics, costs of living, social scene, etc.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 04:29 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,420,883 times
Fort Lauderdale by a landslide. Way bigger population, way more girls, way more places to go out. The only advantage Delray has is it is cheaper to live there. But you'll find that Delray is predominantly retirees. If you can afford it, look on the east side of Fort Lauderdale.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:35 PM

8 posts, read 17,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
Fort Lauderdale by a landslide. Way bigger population, way more girls, way more places to go out. The only advantage Delray has is it is cheaper to live there. But you'll find that Delray is predominantly retirees. If you can afford it, look on the east side of Fort Lauderdale.
Really? I don't know, downtown delray doesnt really look like its predominantly retirees, maybe west delray. also, DT delray is not so cheap... again, i think youre talking about west delray

Old 06-15-2011, 01:21 PM

351 posts, read 1,121,874 times
Downtown Delray is very social and active, full of 20somethings. But where do you plan to work, or go to school? Your commute should be a big concern, with the amount of commuting time and gas $ involved with driving in South Florida.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:41 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,420,883 times
rando18-

The downtown Delray area is predominantly 20's somethings and very social. But the rest of Delray has an older demographic. West Delray is mostly retirees. Even east Delray is predominantly retirees. Just the downtown area tends to be younger. Downtown is a very small area.

My point was you'd have way more nightlife options in Fort Lauderdale than Delray. Not even close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area