Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 10:11 AM

3 posts, read 7,703 times

Advertisements

I've found a wonderful renovated home in Cresthaven on Ne 7th Terrace. Its a great price and the block it sits on has nice homes on it, Homes below and above are mixed in with run down homes that look pretty tough, and it looks like a housing project located a couple of block away.

Is this a safe neighborhood? My Realtor tells me it was in decline during recession but is now starting to pick back up and get better. She tells me its a fine street, but the homs nearby look a little rough.

Any Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 11:18 AM

259 posts, read 1,324,161 times
January 11, 2011|By Sofia Santana, Sun Sentinel

A Pompano Beach teen remained hospitalized Tuesday night after he was severely beaten by as many as seven young men near Cresthaven Park a day earlier.
The incident happened in the 1200 block of Northeast 30th Street at about 5 p.m. Monday, investigators said.
The victim, 17, and a teenage friend were walking on 30th Street toward the park when they crossed paths with their attackers, who taunted the teens by calling them vulgar names, according to a Broward Sheriff's Office report. The victim responded by cursing at the group, and that's when one of the young men in the group punched the teen in the face, authorities said.
The teen fell to the ground during the attack and other members of the group joined in, punching and kicking him, authorities said.
Investigators think the young men were between 16 and 20 years old and may have been gang members, according to the report. Investigators did not have a specific description of the men Tuesday night.

Not to sound like an uppity sob, but, seriously, if you're in a So Fla neighborhood where detached homes are selling around 150K on average, it will not be the best of neighborhoods.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:40 PM

205 posts, read 480,994 times
Living in the neighborhood for several years I would say yes and no. There are some nice pockets but a lot of the houses are declining and I believe your realtor is wrong, it is not coming up yet. The neighborhood got hit really hard as you drive through several streets you will see a lot of homes that are run down and in foreclouser.

Drive down 24th st going east and you will see that its nicer. There are some nice houses on the st your talking about but as you drive down 7th past 25th your will see its not so nice over there.

There are a lot of hard working middle class people in the neighborhood. If you like the neighbohood I would stay further down from the duplexes toward 12th terrace east not past 25th st if that makes sense, if you look it up on the map you'll see what Im talking about.
I dont really think its a bad neighborhood, but there are better.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:45 PM

205 posts, read 480,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casualobserver View Post
January 11, 2011|By Sofia Santana, Sun Sentinel

A Pompano Beach teen remained hospitalized Tuesday night after he was severely beaten by as many as seven young men near Cresthaven Park a day earlier.
The incident happened in the 1200 block of Northeast 30th Street at about 5 p.m. Monday, investigators said.
The victim, 17, and a teenage friend were walking on 30th Street toward the park when they crossed paths with their attackers, who taunted the teens by calling them vulgar names, according to a Broward Sheriff's Office report. The victim responded by cursing at the group, and that's when one of the young men in the group punched the teen in the face, authorities said.
The teen fell to the ground during the attack and other members of the group joined in, punching and kicking him, authorities said.
Investigators think the young men were between 16 and 20 years old and may have been gang members, according to the report. Investigators did not have a specific description of the men Tuesday night.

Not to sound like an uppity sob, but, seriously, if you're in a So Fla neighborhood where detached homes are selling around 150K on average, it will not be the best of neighborhoods.
OMG seriously!! Just because a house sells for 150,000 doesnt mean its a bad neighborhood, that sounds like a complete snob!! I know several people who live east in Lighthouse point and yes the houses and more expensive and it looks nice when you drive in but doesnt mean its any better or the people are better because they can afford more. For instance there have been several issues in LHP where the houses go for 400,000 and yet you have drugs and a guy who lives in a 1 million house shooting at lighthouse police because hes messed up on drugs.

There are several people in cresthaven who have beautiful homes they totally redid and own their own business but cant afford the property taxes in a higher price neighborhood or choose not to live in a snobby area.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:32 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,470,837 times
I would avoid this area like the plague. The general rule with Pompano Beach is the further east you go the better the area. Cresthaven is too close to Dixie Highway for my taste. I would like further east, preferably on the east side of US1 if you can afford it.

Old 07-25-2011, 05:30 PM
AFD

41 posts, read 167,566 times
Spent the weekend driving around cresthaven and i feel very safe in certain parts. I definately will be buying in the area close to us1. I found a really nice house in the neighbrhood that i am rushing to buy. I currently live between southern california redondo beach upper upper middle class neighborhood and i feel just as safe in cresthaven. The prices are less than build cost if you can deal with an older home...the swimming pool and short bike ride to the beach will be great..LOOK FOR YOURSELF DO NOT TRUST PEOPLE ON CITYDATA MOST OF THEM HAVE NEVER BEEN IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD THEY COMMENT ON,,,,,would have been a huge mistake if i would no have gotten on a flight and looked around for myself.Good luck

Old 09-05-2011, 11:56 AM

1 posts, read 5,893 times
Its an ok working class neighborhood. Lots of really good people but, of course you got some stupid punks that wanna be gang members.they walk around with there pants around there knees.I just wanna beat some seanse in to them and then give them a belt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
View detailed profiles of: