Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 09:12 AM

12 posts, read 48,838 times

Advertisements

Hi, I just relocated to South Florida from New Jersey last month -I was able to get a transfer within my company to our Miami office. I am currently residing in a condo complex in Hollywood, a few blocks west of 95, between Hollywood Boulevard and Pembroke Road. My work hours are 7:30 to 4:00. It currently takes me approximately 20 minutes to a half hour to get to SE Third Avenue in downtown Miami. However, I've been told by my new co-workers that when school starts, it may take longer. (I did live on A1A in Pompano Beach, which is north of Fort Lauderdale, for three weeks when we first moved down here, and it took me approximately 50 minutes to an hour to get to downtown Miami. There were a lot of loooong traffic lights between A1A and 95).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 03:59 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,422,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vr2 View Post
I used to commute from Hollywood (20th Ave) to Lincoln Road. It wasn't that bad, 30 minutes or so. But I also wasn't driving during rush hour. They do have the express lanes now, if you don't mind paying the toll on express, then rush hour won't be much of a problem. If you are ok with driving for an hour, I think you'll be just fine with the commute.
Rush hour and non-rush hour are two completely different animals. Also, Hollywood is 10-15 minutes closer to Miami than Fort Lauderdale is to Miami. So that would explain why it only took you 30 minutes.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:44 PM
vr2

224 posts, read 799,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
Rush hour and non-rush hour are two completely different animals. Also, Hollywood is 10-15 minutes closer to Miami than Fort Lauderdale is to Miami. So that would explain why it only took you 30 minutes.
That's why I said "if you are ok commuting for an hour, you'll be fine" - and rush hour or not, if you take the express lanes it's not a big deal at all. It's just remembering that you'll be spending a few bucks a day on tolls, each way.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:15 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,293,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
homesNY-
The traffic isn't as bad in the Fort Lauderdale area. But it gets worse and worse as you approach Miami. I-95 in Miami from the Broward County line down to downtown is typically completely stopped during morning rush hour as you're heading into the city.
How about taking 1A from SoBe up to the Lehman Causeway and then cutting over to I-95?

Old 07-24-2011, 03:11 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,422,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
How about taking 1A from SoBe up to the Lehman Causeway and then cutting over to I-95?
You mean A1A? That would take forever because of all of the stoplights. Then to cut over on the Lehman Causeway, you'd have to take US1 north to Ives Dairy Road, then cut over and the traffic there is brutal. Then you'd have to get on I-95 anyways. If you stay on the local roads the traffic is even worse than 95.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area