Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 07:43 AM

264 posts, read 772,356 times

Advertisements

Could anyone please provide a few venues they know of that play live music? And also a small description of your experience would be great. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 07:52 AM

Also anything fun for visitors to do on a sunday night after 7

Old 08-08-2011, 02:43 PM

143 posts, read 470,244 times
We went to Hard Rock last night...they had a lot going on. There was live music at the Billards place...live music at Bongos..we had dinner at Bongos it was excellent. My husband and I had nit been down there in a long time and we had a great time. I realize Hard Rock is more Hollywood but it is close and a fun night out.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:44 PM

Thank you! I actually realized what a silly question this was when I went out around town, love fort lauderdale

Old 08-17-2011, 02:02 PM

275 posts, read 395,375 times
The Culture Room, on the corner of Oakland park and Fed Highway has a lot of live music. I've seen a lot of good shows there. It can get very crowded, so always arrive early for a good spot.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:04 AM

76 posts, read 298,245 times
Blue Jean Blues at 3200 33St NE is a fun jazz club. It gets crowded on weekends, but that is because it is a nice place to hear live music.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:03 PM

275 posts, read 395,375 times
Also, if you are willing to drive a bit, there is the Respectable Street Cafe in WPB. They feature some very good local electro/EBM bands as well as dance nights. DJ Klov is the promoter/resident DJ and he is a very nice guy. Churchills in Miami is one of the mainstays of the Sofla Punk scene. They host Punk and Psychobilly/Rockabilly bands from all across the US. The location is not for the faint-hearted, but I made an extra effort to be observant and never hand any real problems there. Staff is generally nice and they stay on top of things. If you like the Grateful Dead, Crazy Fingers is an excellent Grateful Dead tribute band that plays at the All Stars Sports Bar and Grill on SR 7 and at the Back Room Blues bar in Delray. I used to see them out at the Pompano Pier before Fisherman's Wharf restaurant was demolished. Crazy Fingers also plays sometimes at Bostons On the Beach in delray, this is a nice upscale restaurant that hosts love entertainment, and it's right on the beach. Monday Night is still Reggae Night, and while I remember it being sort of "touristy" Reggae, I had some great times there from the late '80s until I left a few years ago.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:37 PM

23 posts, read 41,084 times
I vote for Blue Jean Blues...Live music seven nights a week, really laid back crowd full of regulars, good drinks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area