U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-23-2011, 08:21 AM
 
115 posts, read 303,058 times
Reputation: 44

Advertisements

Sorry, scratch that, the house in country isles I just mentioned is for sale for $489k. Still not bad, I guess.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-23-2011, 10:56 AM
 
55 posts, read 231,178 times
Reputation: 29
I have lived in the area's you liked for 27 years. My opinion is davie is considered redneck with mostly lower end homes or horse "ranches". Weston is high class. Southwest Ranches is more of a place if you like to ride horses. Cooper City is nice and has a nice variety of houses from 1/4 acre to 1+ acre.

My opinion is to take a look at google maps/earth and drive around a few areas. If you have a Realtor ask them to give you a list of the houses for sale/sold in the MLX system that meet your criteria. If the Realtor is concerned about you driving in front of a house currently for sale and the listing agent trying to illegally take his sale then he/she can just give you the closed sales. It should only take them 10 mins and they can email you the info. They have a nice feature where specific areas can be highlighted on a map.

Note if you are currently dealing with a Realtor then you are considered under contract with them and both you and the other Realtor can be sued in court if you buy/sell through another Realtor with the intent to cut the other Realtor out of the deal.

I am not a Realtor but my family has been for 30 years.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2011, 12:38 PM
 
70 posts, read 165,973 times
Reputation: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonny9 View Post
I have lived in the area's you liked for 27 years. My opinion is davie is considered redneck with mostly lower end homes or horse "ranches". Weston is high class. Southwest Ranches is more of a place if you like to ride horses. Cooper City is nice and has a nice variety of houses from 1/4 acre to 1+ acre.
after more research i tend to mostly agree with you. we have narrowed it down to weston b/c after driving around cooper city yesterday i was left a little disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonny9 View Post
My opinion is to take a look at google maps/earth and drive around a few areas. If you have a Realtor ask them to give you a list of the houses for sale/sold in the MLX system that meet your criteria. If the Realtor is concerned about you driving in front of a house currently for sale and the listing agent trying to illegally take his sale then he/she can just give you the closed sales. It should only take them 10 mins and they can email you the info. They have a nice feature where specific areas can be highlighted on a map.

Note if you are currently dealing with a Realtor then you are considered under contract with them and both you and the other Realtor can be sued in court if you buy/sell through another Realtor with the intent to cut the other Realtor out of the deal.

I am not a Realtor but my family has been for 30 years.
thank you... you are absolutely right. i am a realtor though so i play by the rules. i work for a builder on the beach and only sell his properties to international buyers so i am basically clueless about the rest of the local market and specifically about west brwd real estate market. well, i am more knowledgeable now b/c of all my research through boards like these and driving around each town and visiting homes for sale. in my last post i noted how disappointed i was b/c i found an AMAZING home in tequesta but it is severely overpriced compared to closed comps. AND YET, it got an offer in 3 or 4 days! crazy! wth??!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2011, 01:01 PM
 
70 posts, read 165,973 times
Reputation: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackHomeMIA View Post
Sorry to hear that about the house in Tequesta, less than 3 months ago we looked at one in there that sold eventually for about 450k, 3000 sf with a gorgeous pool and the most amazing lake view, at the end of the cul de sac, they were asking 470k I believe, Unfortunately out of our price range, but it had been on the market for a long time, as they were initially asking 570 k. I guess in your case this house is overpriced because it's the only one in the community. Don't overpay. It's worth living somewhere temporarily on a short lease or staying longer where you are right now, and waiting for the perfect deal.
Have you considered Country Isles Executives? It has the best location in Weston in my opinion, and you are right by the elementary school. There is a nice home in there for 470k, on over half an acre, with a pool. At least it was still there a week ago! Oh yes, this subdivision is not gated, in case that's what you're looking for. Good luck!
i saw that closed sale that you are talking about that sold for about $450k...its comparable to other recent closed sales. that's why i think the house i saw yesterday is overpriced by $150k! but it sucks that it got such a quick offer. i absolutely will not overpay... i wouldnt be able to sleep at night thinking i got bamboozeled ...lol. about country isles, i agree that one house looks great -- but it's a 2 story. i def am only looking at 1 story homes. (but it looks so pretty in the pics!)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2011, 07:45 PM
 
1,652 posts, read 2,975,152 times
Reputation: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboUSMC17 View Post
I'd have to disagree. I think Pines is great because you have a little of everything. You don't have to go very far to go shopping or have a nice dinner at a restaurant. Many things to see/do and great schools. I live in the Chapel Trail area and recommend it as well as Silver Lakes. I've lived here for a few years and love it. If I move, it would be to a bigger home still in West Pines. Weston to me feels too secluded and Cooper City seems to outdated IMHO.
Are there any communities in W PP w/ about 1/2 acre lots and waterfront?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2011, 09:16 AM
 
Location: Ft Lauderdale
351 posts, read 1,015,857 times
Reputation: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingfordreamhome View Post

weston = great except for it feels a little stepford wives-y. very uniform and robotic but thats prob why its so clean and beautiful.
So true. It's not for me, but some people love that.

Stepford Wives meets the Truman Show....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2011, 10:52 AM
 
Location: Miramar, FL
389 posts, read 956,700 times
Reputation: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
Are there any communities in W PP w/ about 1/2 acre lots and waterfront?

I beleive there may be some near 1/2 acre.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2011, 12:37 PM
 
1,652 posts, read 2,975,152 times
Reputation: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboUSMC17 View Post
I beleive there may be some near 1/2 acre.
Could you provide any names? Thanks in advance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2011, 08:46 PM
 
141 posts, read 366,399 times
Reputation: 69
Try the Enclave in Grand Palms. The waterfront is, of course, a lake.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2011, 05:39 AM
 
70 posts, read 165,973 times
Reputation: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraDog View Post
So true. It's not for me, but some people love that.

Stepford Wives meets the Truman Show....
HAHA ! so true ! that being said, i did put in an offer on short sale in weston. welcome to truman-ville!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:42 AM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top