Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 06:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,080 times

Advertisements

Movin to FTL in 2 weeks...young couple 28-27 & dog
lookin for a small house W/yard.safe area near parks or beach.close to FTL night life...
Any neighborhood suggestions?
we really dont know FTL.
BUDGET:1000$
THANXX
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 09:23 PM

328 posts, read 1,396,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky1812 View Post
Movin to FTL in 2 weeks...young couple 28-27 & dog
lookin for a small house W/yard.safe area near parks or beach.close to FTL night life...
Any neighborhood suggestions?
we really dont know FTL.
BUDGET:1000$
THANXX
I highly recommend you work with a realtor on your move down here. Fort Lauderdale is unique in that it has some good neighborhoods, but also it can vary widely by sides. For example, people will say that "Wilton Manors" is good, but only the east side, as the west side has lots of crime.

Again, please google "Fort Lauderdale Realtors" and work with them. I worked with three different realtors to get my apartment that I rented in Fort Lauderdale. It was no charge to me.

Also, please prepare to pay more then what you are expecting or give up some things. I paid 900 a month for a 2/2 apartment in Oakland Park, which is not a hot neighborhood and was 2 miles to the beach and to nightlife.

if you want a house, close to the beach and nightlife and in a good neighborhood, it will be much more than 1000 a month, unless you are wiling to live in a place that's much older with less amenities (no washer/dryer, etc.).

Good luck with your realtor!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area