Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 08:40 AM

7 posts, read 10,969 times

Advertisements

Hello -

We are moving to the Ft. Lauderdale area in the next 90 days and am actively researching the area for my family and have 2 questions I hope you all can help me answer!

#1 - All these HOA fees - I am assuming are for gated communities only (?) - are these per month or per year if they are listed on the realty web site. I am hoping per year as some say upwards of $615 per month! Or if you don't know - what are average monthly HOA fees?

#2 - if you live on a 'waterfront' property (I am assuming are like little lakes? I have no idea!) - do people take kayaks and stuff out on them or you are not allowed on them?

Hope these don't seem like crazy questions but I really have no idea! Thanks again for your help...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 08:55 AM

16 posts, read 37,132 times
I am no expert, but I believe mostly all condos have HOA fees, and yes, they are monthly. They include various things, such as property upkeep, insurance, pool maintenance, garbage removal etc. Some can also include security, cable, or valet parking. I find that the waterfront properties have a much higher monthly HOA fee.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:41 AM

What about the gated home communities - not condos - the same?

Old 11-03-2011, 11:24 AM

328 posts, read 1,396,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard107 View Post
What about the gated home communities - not condos - the same?
Yes, Gated home communities also have an HOA, especially if they have great amenities. A friend of mine owns a house in a gated home community in Parkland that includes a golf course, and her HOA is over 1,000 per month due to the upkeep.

I think it really, really depends on the area you are at, but I think it's pretty safe to say that all gated home communities (e.g. not just a street in any public neighborhood) would include a HOA fee.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:28 PM

140 posts, read 399,849 times
Our townhouse HOA is $65 a month, which includes a large heated pool, tennis coutrs, dog walk park, etc, Many gated communties included guards which require saleries, benifits, etc which can run the price up very high.

It depends on what you require.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:57 PM

Ok whoa I had no idea they could run that high! Are there any nice non-gated non-HOA neighborhoods in the Parkland or Coral Springs area? We were concentrating on those areas because of their good school reputation as well as close proximity to my husbands work in Pompano Beach.

Thanks!

Old 11-03-2011, 01:06 PM

153 posts, read 248,751 times
I can't believe you are only 90 days away from making a move and you haven't researched this subject better.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:26 PM

RicKaysen - I can't believe you are from NJ reading the Ft. Lauderdale posts that have absolutely nothing to do with you. Get a life. I AM researching the area you idiot - that is what this post is about. Not that it is any of your business, but just found out last week we are moving.

Old 11-03-2011, 03:20 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,964,108 times
in broward county u really want and almost need to be in a gated community or newer highrise condo

Old 11-03-2011, 03:30 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,939,932 times
The HOA fees vary widely, depending on the amenities. A private home rental might cost less than a condo, because the home is paying for landscaping and perhaps manned security, while the condo is paying for landscaping, pools, tennis, gym, clubhouse, etc. Our private home in Weston was charged about $125/month (paid quarterly), for the guard gate and maintenance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area