Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2011, 09:46 AM

54 posts, read 145,317 times

Advertisements

Is Dania Beach a safe place to stay? I see there are some motels on Dania Beach Blvd. Is that a safe area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 03:32 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,468,502 times
Most of Dania is run down and crime ridden except for the areas east of US1 near or on the beach. If I were you, I'd prefer staying on Griffin Road just off I-95. Its right next to the airport and right near Dania Beach.

Is there any reason why you chose Dania Beach? There are many other better areas.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:54 AM

54 posts, read 145,317 times
I'm just looking for a place as close to the airport as possible, that's also safe.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:06 AM
xFM

29 posts, read 93,117 times
There are some hotels closer to the airport. If you want one in Dania Beach close to Hollywood Beach (hotel is actually almost in Hollywood) there is a nice one on the corner of SE 5th Ave and Sheridan St. Right next to the Walgreens. Nice area of town, I used to live right by there in the Ocean Club Apartments on Sheridan.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:42 PM

104 posts, read 229,003 times
The Motels on Dania Beach Blvd are mainly weekly and seasonal rentals. Some sketchy people and some snowbirds. Griffin and 95 has large chain hotels which would be considered safer.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:54 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,468,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybesefl View Post
I'm just looking for a place as close to the airport as possible, that's also safe.
The ones I said before on Griffin Road and 95 are right next to the airport property. It is very centrally located and there is a cluster of chains. You are one mile from the beach and there is virtually no traffic in between. You are also only 2 miles from Las Olas and 3 miles or so from Fort Lauderdale Beach.

There is another cluster of hotels on the opposite side of the airport off SR-84/Marina Mile that are probably even cheaper and are closer to downtown Fort Lauderdale.

Dania Beach (the actual beach) is more of a quiet beach. If you want more stuff going on, go about 2 miles further north to Fort Lauderdale Beach. Hollywood is a good option, but there are very few chain hotels in downtown Hollywood. You'd have to stay out on 95 which isn't too far, but not central. The beach area hotels will be extremely expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area