Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 06:21 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,052,247 times

Advertisements

and an interesting comment posted on the bottom of this article :

Report shows gangs on the rise in Florida - Florida - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/12/23/1985904/report-shows-gangs-on-the-rise.html - broken link)
[LEFT]
In Pembroke Pines a police captain told me a year or so ago that at Pines Middle School they have identified over 200 gang members in that one school. When they call the parents in they have tattoos in their neck of a gang nature. All of those apartments on Pines Boulevard are loaded with the parents and their gang age children. They have also spread out west of!-75 on Pines Blvd. to the Silver Lakes area in the apartments and town houses. One park out near Silver Lakes had to leave the lights on all night as it became a hangout for gang members this police officer said. More and more of these people are moving from Dade to Broward each month.

Advice- If you have a family with kids or elderly get the heck out of South Florida. (Edited by author 11 hours ago)

Read more: Report shows gangs on the rise in Florida - Florida - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/12/23/1985904/report-shows-gangs-on-the-rise.html#ixzz18zIv5uEH - broken link)
[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2010, 08:51 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,365,632 times
im not shocked. poor economies for extended periods of time tend to bring out some very bad behavior.

Old 12-24-2010, 09:18 AM

1,640 posts, read 1,645,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
and an interesting comment posted on the bottom of this article :

Report shows gangs on the rise in Florida - Florida - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/12/23/1985904/report-shows-gangs-on-the-rise.html - broken link)
[LEFT]
In Pembroke Pines a police captain told me a year or so ago that at Pines Middle School they have identified over 200 gang members in that one school. When they call the parents in they have tattoos in their neck of a gang nature. All of those apartments on Pines Boulevard are loaded with the parents and their gang age children. They have also spread out west of!-75 on Pines Blvd. to the Silver Lakes area in the apartments and town houses. One park out near Silver Lakes had to leave the lights on all night as it became a hangout for gang members this police officer said. More and more of these people are moving from Dade to Broward each month.

Advice- If you have a family with kids or elderly get the heck out of South Florida. (Edited by author 11 hours ago)

Read more: Report shows gangs on the rise in Florida - Florida - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/12/23/1985904/report-shows-gangs-on-the-rise.html#ixzz18zIv5uEH - broken link)[/LEFT]
To Heydade: Not all areas and neighborhoods in South Florida are bad. I do not know where are you from and I do not care either, but I am sure where you live , there are bad and good seeds too. Stop giving bad advises to the general public about South Florida and be more positive !
Thanks.

Old 12-24-2010, 09:34 AM

1,558 posts, read 4,784,470 times
True, there are good and bad areas everywhere. Gangs can also be found in just about every major city, and smaller towns too.

Old 12-24-2010, 02:13 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,471,842 times
"Gangs are rising in South FL"

LOL What else is new? There have been gangs here for decades. In fact, crime in South FL today isn't as bad as the early 90's. Back then Miami was a lot worse and we had KKK in Davie. Now we don't have that and Miami has become safer.

Old 12-24-2010, 03:05 PM

57 posts, read 165,379 times
running away.
there's a tried and true resolution to life's problems...

Old 12-25-2010, 12:26 PM

159 posts, read 558,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
"Gangs are rising in South FL"

LOL What else is new? There have been gangs here for decades. In fact, crime in South FL today isn't as bad as the early 90's. Back then Miami was a lot worse and we had KKK in Davie. Now we don't have that and Miami has become safer.

But lately crime does seem to be getting worse and reminding me more of early 90's era.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:02 PM

216 posts, read 438,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Calzadilla View Post
To Heydade: Not all areas and neighborhoods in South Florida are bad. I do not know where are you from and I do not care either, but I am sure where you live , there are bad and good seeds too. Stop giving bad advises to the general public about South Florida and be more positive !
Thanks.
Agreed - sadly, there are gangs in EVERY major city. It's disturbing, and also indicative of the crappy economy we are dealing with. Gang activity would decline if real jobs were available...

Old 12-28-2010, 05:48 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times
Thanks heydade I'm moving next week to Ocala thanks to your Good advice.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:50 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
Thanks heydade I'm moving next week to Ocala thanks to your Good advice.

There are probably gangs in Ocala as well !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area