Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 03:41 PM

326 posts, read 949,724 times

Advertisements

I think if all the scary stats don't scare the Texan away, I believe the argumentative nature of the posters certainly will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 03:44 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,907,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leocharleston View Post
Great post BigSkyGirl

It seems that you have spent some time researching your future move. I like to get an outsider's (someone that has not lived in S. FL) point of view. Based on your research, what do you think are the Pros & Cons of living in S. FL (Broward County). Thanks in advance for your reply!
Why would you want to get the opinion of someone who has never lived here regarding what the pros and cons are of living here? That makes no sense to me.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:15 PM

36 posts, read 90,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Why would you want to get the opinion of someone who has never lived here regarding what the pros and cons are of living here? That makes no sense to me.
With all due Respect Momma bear, the question was not directed at you. I would like the OP to respond to my question!!

Last edited by leocharleston; 01-30-2012 at 05:34 PM..

Old 01-30-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
You are a piece of work. Here is the population of Coral Springs from Wikipedia:

1970 1,489
— 1980 37,349
2,408.3% 1990 78,864
111.2% 2000 117,549
49.1% 2010 121,096
3.0%
So about 30 years ago, the population of Coral Springs was less than 1/3 of what it is today. 40 years ago, the population was 1/100th of what it is today. That right there shows you are full of it.

Its funny that you accuse me of making up statistics and opinions, yet you have already painted me as being anti-black, anti-Hispanic, and being a retiree who is unemployed. Nice job! Way to display your total ignorance.

Get Help, Seriously get some help!!

Old 01-30-2012, 05:23 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,470,837 times
I think this Leocharleston guy is just a spam troll. He does nothing but attack people and throw flames. Mama Bear is a respected poster who's been around a while.

Notice he did not refute anything in my prior post because he knows I'm right.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
I think this Leocharleston guy is just a spam troll. He does nothing but attack people and throw flames. Mama Bear is a respected poster who's been around a while.

Notice he did not refute anything in my prior post because he knows I'm right.

You just don't get it, you are not worth my time. I don't care for you, your opinion & your post!! So, get a life Nolefan.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:02 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,907,231 times
Quote:
With all due Respect Momma bear, the question was not directed at you. I would like the OP to respond to my question!!
This is a public forum.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:54 PM

613 posts, read 759,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kurtz View Post
Not just Cruise Ships ... locals dump their waste in BB. Latin culture is like that. Latins just don't give a sh*t about Rivers and Beaches ... Look at Colombia. The Cauca River ( Colombia's main river ) .... It's a muddy poluted River full of toxic chemicals and dead bodies. Colombia's #1 Beach Cartagena is completely polluted and very unsafe every day. Brasil, the same thing ... Rio's Guanabara bay - an oil infested joke ... I was just there at Praia do Flamengo.

Unfortunately, Latin culture and their inept ( and stupid ) ways of nature and conservation is non existent -- they simply don't care.

What they do care about is ... Money.
Friend, I'm certain you’re describing the USA, not Latin America.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:45 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,470,837 times
Quote:
You just don't get it, you are not worth my time. I don't care for you, your opinion & your post!! So, get a life Nolefan.
And I don't care what you think either. This board doesn't revolve around you. Why don't you get a life? You are the one acting childish here and doing nothing but attacking posters.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:05 PM

10 posts, read 45,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkygirl View Post
We are also considering a move to Fort Lauderdale and have looked at a number of communities. I have been researching for the last 6 months while my husband has been commuting. We have 3 children and having good schools is a big priority. We want to live in an urban community rather than a gated one and have looked at Victoria Park, Rio Vista and Coral Ridge. The elementary schools are good but once you get to middle school you are looking at private or Catholic schools so you should take this in to consideration. There are a number of deals to be had in real estate in those areas. Meaning that the houses are selling for about half of what they would have in 2006. This will still be likely more expensive than your current situation but keep it in mind. Trulia and Movoto websites are good resources. Also, there are ALOT of rental options because people are not wanting to sell their houses in such a bad market so that might be something you consider before buying and while your wife is looking for a job. Friends we know from Fort Lauderdale did say very good things about Plantation and Weston and there are deal to be had there and decent schools. Many of the other executives at my husband's company suggested it and a colleague who works for the Heat told me a number of players live out that way. For us it is a bit too suburban and off the beaten track but every one has their preferences. Good luck with your decision.
Thanks for the comment. Where are you guys living now? When do you guys expect to move there? I still haven't made a decision yet but it is coming close to crunch time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area