U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2012, 02:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,440 times

Advertisements

Dear Broward county residents,

I am planning to relocate to the Broward county area in the spring from the Tampa/St. Petersburg area. I am single, 43, and a healthcare professional. My mother is also coming and she is 64, divorced and a flight attendant out of Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport. We were down in December looking around the Coconut Creek/ Parkland/Coral Springs area. It seemed a bit difficult to get to the airport from those communities. We liked Coconut Creek and Parkland though.
I am interested in the Oakland Park/ Commercial Blvd. areas, but I don't think she likes them. She likes more "upscale" new areas. I want to be about 15-20 mins. drive from her because we have a very close relationship. I was looking at the map along I 595 towns like Weston, Plantation, Miramar, Davie for renting a townhome, villa, condo etc. It seems like an easy commute to the airport.
Do you have any suggestions for where we can look? I would appreciate any help, please.
Thank You,
D.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 10:33 AM

3,912 posts, read 8,482,194 times
First of all, I would chose Coconut Creek or Parkland WAY before Oakland Park/Commercial Blvd area. The commute will be longer, but your quality of life will be much better. The commute isn't all that bad. From Coconut Creek you could take either I-95 or the Turnpike south to 595. It is pretty easy, except during peak rush hours the traffic is bad. From Parkland you pretty much have to take the Sawgrass or the Turnpike south to 595 then go east.

I agree with your assessment of the 595 suburbs. Plantation and Davie are very easy commutes to the airport. You could also look further west in Sunrise or Weston. Rent prices tend to be most affordable in Sunrise where most of the apartments and townhomes are newer. The traffic on 595 is bad from I-95 west during peak rush hours, but once you get east of I-95 it is a breeze to the airport.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:41 PM

613 posts, read 688,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darester View Post
Dear Broward county residents,

I am planning to relocate to the Broward county area in the spring from the Tampa/St. Petersburg area. I am single, 43, and a healthcare professional. My mother is also coming and she is 64, divorced and a flight attendant out of Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport. We were down in December looking around the Coconut Creek/ Parkland/Coral Springs area. It seemed a bit difficult to get to the airport from those communities. We liked Coconut Creek and Parkland though.
I am interested in the Oakland Park/ Commercial Blvd. areas, but I don't think she likes them. She likes more "upscale" new areas. I want to be about 15-20 mins. drive from her because we have a very close relationship. I was looking at the map along I 595 towns like Weston, Plantation, Miramar, Davie for renting a townhome, villa, condo etc. It seems like an easy commute to the airport.
Do you have any suggestions for where we can look? I would appreciate any help, please.
Thank You,
D.

Oakland Park is cool, but see if Dania Beach works for you.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:46 PM

4,311 posts, read 6,565,535 times
I think for the FLL airport commute the best option is along I-595.

Anything where you don't have to spend a bunch of time getting to the highway.

There are many nice places along I-595.

You can't say the same about I-95. Most places right along I-95 are quite ghetto. You have to move away from I-95 in order to find good stuff, but then you will be spending more time on the local streets just getting to the highway.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:50 PM

2,955 posts, read 12,572,042 times
You might also check out Weston or even Plantation. The commut from Weston is a breeze.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
You might also check out Weston or even Plantation. The commut from Weston is a breeze.
It is not a breeze if you have to drive during rush hour. It all depends what times the original poster will be commuting. If they have to go during rush hour I would avoid Weston and live further east in Plantation.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:58 PM

It will be easier once they finish the express lane on I595.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
It will be easier once they finish the express lane on I595.
Which will be when? 10 years from now? By that time they'll be starting a whole new project.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:38 PM

s'posed to be done by 2014.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
s'posed to be done by 2014.
My point exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area