Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2012, 02:30 PM

17 posts, read 48,155 times

Advertisements

My 28 year old son needs an apartment or room in Hollywood FL. Although there are plenty of places on Craigslist, he is very specific in that he does not want to have roommates that use drugs or be in a drug infested area (although I know you find those places everywhere). He is from Gainesville FL and neither of us know this area very well. What part of Hollywood or the surrounding area is quiet and reasonably priced (if that is possible). I am asking because I will be paying his rent while he goes back to school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 05:03 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,425,349 times
It depends what you call expensive or affordable. Everyone has their own definition. Hollywood in general has a seedy aspect to it, but there are some nicer parts. You may want to consider looking at the Sheridan Ocean Club apartments in Dania Beach which is located just north of Hollywood. It is affordable there.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:31 PM

443 posts, read 888,628 times
Stay away from the area around US 1 in Hollywood. There are a lot of rental apartments in that area but it's really bad, especially from 17th Avenue to 21st Avenue. The exception to this would be the apartments right on the west side of Young Circle (Hollywood Blvd. and US 1). They're pretty nice.

There are some nice rental apartments on Park Road south of Hollywood Blvd. around Washington St. Hollywood Hills is nice enough but there aren't many rentals there - it's more of a single family home area.

Hallandale is just south of Hollywood and there are some nice areas east of US 1 there. Dania is just north of Hollywood and if you find a rental east of US 1, that's fine, too.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:10 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,425,349 times
I agree about Hallandale Beach. There are some nicer condos there and it is safer than Hollywood.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:46 AM

351 posts, read 1,122,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigo View Post

There are some nice rental apartments on Park Road south of Hollywood Blvd. around Washington St. Hollywood Hills is nice enough but there aren't many rentals there - it's more of a single family home area.
I lived briefly in one such complex - Pine somethingorother, on South Park Road. Just a typical apartment complex, nothing fancy, but safe and a good central location.

I recall paying $1100 for a one-bedroom.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:09 PM

167 posts, read 875,218 times
I am in Hollywood, right near davie and pembroke pines.. it seems to be a decent area so far..

Old 03-17-2012, 09:05 AM

166 posts, read 344,880 times
West Hollywood bordering Pembroke Pines is good.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:48 PM

17 posts, read 48,155 times
Thanks for all of your responses, they were very helpful. We're still looking but hopefully we'll find something by April 1st or at the latest May 1st.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:12 PM

3 posts, read 11,770 times
Where will your son be going to school? If it isn't in Hollywood, I would suggest the best thing for him is to NOT move to hollywood. I've been living here since 1996, and it has only been getting worse. Whether other sources say things are booming and getting better, actually living here does not show that whatsoever. I'm not knocking it for some who will get defensive, I am merely sharing my experience. Everyone likes different things, so if he absolutely has to move here, I would say the best place to look is on sheridan st, north pk rd, or closer to pembroke pines/davie. I know you said you're looking for an apt, but I've seen many nice modest houses by jefferson park for rent. It is one of the few nice areas left in hollywood, so might be worth a shot to call/look around. I wish you the best!

Old 04-10-2012, 09:38 AM

28 posts, read 165,603 times
Hollywood Hills area is nice, a bit old but nice neighborhood!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area