Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 06:17 PM

443 posts, read 896,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
If you are intending to grow horses you may consider Parkland.
I've grown herbs and tomatoes and once I grew an avocado tree, but I've never grown horses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 02:26 AM

8 posts, read 22,756 times
Smile Correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigo View Post
I've grown herbs and tomatoes and once I grew an avocado tree, but I've never grown horses.
I'm sorry I meant to raise horses! But in this case also applies because Parkland is a place you can grow herbs and trees. Is a beautiful neighborhood! I personally have friends and acquaintances living there and they also raise horses. For me it just defeat the purpose of living in South Florida, but that is my taste and I respect theirs.
It just makes me sad that so many people are writing to consider Florida a third world country war zone.
They complain about people being rude in south Florida but they are the first one to show lack of respect. They probably never had been out of the country, even to other states once there are areas WAY worse than Fort Lauderdale.
Once again I'm sorry for my mistake.

Old 06-09-2012, 11:28 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,341,277 times
If the OP is looking for a good value and getting on the water, I'd recommend Pinellas County in the Tampa Bay area. I'm assuming she's also wanting a "liberal area" so I don't know how many of those requirements would be met there, but it's worth looking into. St. Pete is cool, but it's not on the Ocean. you'd need to go to Largo, St. pete Beach, Clearwater, or Dunedin, etc to get on swimmable water.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:59 PM

2 posts, read 1,976 times
I have had a few children in the Florida school system in the southwest. I do not really like the charter schools I have come into contact with. There are some good schools and communities. My children are involved in the youth group at church. I feel that has helped them to stay with the good kids. I am not saying there are not some children who do not have the moral guidance they should. My husband teaches in Florida. He says that some parents really care about their children's grades while others do not. I don't know if I could handle Atlanta traffic. We lived in a small town just north of Atlanta for a short time. They seemed to be closed off to anyone not born and raised in that area. Just be careful whereever you move. If you are a parent involved in the school you should not have too many issues. There are also some very good private schools as well. The FCAT scores in some of the school districts are related to the kids who just mark anything because they don't want to do them. They don't have the drive to suceed.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:25 PM

2 posts, read 3,735 times
Wow... I can't believe how much time I just wasted reading all of this. If everyone hates Fort lauderdale so much, why are you all still here? I am just kinda blown away by all of the negativity. I moved down here eight years ago from the northeast, and I love it. The weather is awesome, the nightlife is killer, the beaches are clean and welcoming. It sure beats the hell out of five months of grey skies and miserable cold up in the northeast! To all the complainers, if it is so bad, stop complaining and start moving!

Old 09-20-2012, 06:08 AM

44 posts, read 83,844 times
I was most entertrained and amused by all the A**holes that ridicule, complain, and try to deter all possible prospective individuals that want to move to south Florida. Dont you realize that the quality of life in all parts of the USA are troublesome, and that children, and young youth are exposed to all these issue's no matter where you live, no matter what your finances are, and the importance is communicating to your children, not just blaming society for all problems.
THANK YOU 59 Wagon for your post, I am from Long Island, New York, and in a exclusive area, neighborhood with many McMansions, and young youth are in Private and Public schools, and yet Heroin is the number one selling, and over used drug, with kids of all backgrounds stoned and drugged out of their minds, smashing and killing innocent people in car accidents. This is happening all over the USA, not just in South Florids, so U R most definitely right, we are all supposedly free to make choices in AMERICA, so MOVE, MOVE, MOVE far away and out of Florida, and see if there is some better section in the USA to live in a wholesome neighborhood.
Once again, Thank You, 59 Wagon for your remarks and post

Old 09-20-2012, 08:16 AM

5,021 posts, read 7,449,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howgr8 View Post
I was most entertrained and amused by all the A**holes that ridicule, complain, and try to deter all possible prospective individuals that want to move to south Florida. Dont you realize that the quality of life in all parts of the USA are troublesome, and that children, and young youth are exposed to all these issue's no matter where you live, no matter what your finances are, and the importance is communicating to your children, not just blaming society for all problems.
THANK YOU 59 Wagon for your post, I am from Long Island, New York, and in a exclusive area, neighborhood with many McMansions, and young youth are in Private and Public schools, and yet Heroin is the number one selling, and over used drug, with kids of all backgrounds stoned and drugged out of their minds, smashing and killing innocent people in car accidents. This is happening all over the USA, not just in South Florids, so U R most definitely right, we are all supposedly free to make choices in AMERICA, so MOVE, MOVE, MOVE far away and out of Florida, and see if there is some better section in the USA to live in a wholesome neighborhood.
Once again, Thank You, 59 Wagon for your remarks and post
What other states have you lived in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area